Here are the verses/pages to read over to reflect on Week #7 of our Proverbs 31 study:
- Proverbs 31:26
- Psalms 37:3
- Proverbs 3:5-6; 4:23-24; 10:11; 10:19; 10:31; 12:18; 15:1
- Luke 6:45
- Ephesians 4:29
- Philippians 4:19
- I Timothy 3:11
- Pages 32-33 of P31 Ebook
What was the verse that spoke to your heart the most? What is one thought on how you will put that verse into action?
3 comments:
Hello ladies!
I have a funny story to tell you all. I was in the midst of a post when all of a sudden my computer shut down instantly. That has never happened before. The stranger part. . .I had just written an encouraging sentence about how you all should not let Satan tear you down. And then bzzzzt the screen went blank. Well, Satan has no power over me!!! So I patiently waited for the computer to come back on and here I am again. :) Jill, I don't know you as well yet, but I know you, Kim, and I must say "Don't let Satan discount all the work you do for your family all day long." That work is a blessing to the Lord. A pleasing, fragrant sacrifice to our Lord. Satan would like to paralyze us with the chains of perceived perfection. The perfect amount of devotion time. The perfect amount of prayer time. The perfect amount of quiet time. God wants all of us, not just the first hour of the morning. When we serve him all day, we are fellowshipping with Him every step of the way. He is with us every breath of every moment. It is tempting to look back at my "single days" when I could read whenever I wanted or pray for as long as I wanted, but there is a time and season for everything. I also LONGED for a husband and family back then. Now I have a husband and family and LONG for more devotion time??? That doesn't make sense. My daughter has been observing lately that as humans we always seem to want what we don't have. Curly hair wants straight hair. Straight hair wants curly. Skinny wants more curves. Curvey wants skinny. Poor wants to be rich. Rich wants more time. May we not fall into that trap of discontentedness. Life is busy as a mom and time with the Lord is crucial. But don't discount those mornings when you open up the Word briefly for your fill up before the beginning of a busy day. God is with you just as much during those brief fill-ups as He is during extended visits. He loves us dearly ALL the time. He is blessed to see us serving Him in our homes and raising the next generation of lovers of Christ. Don't let Satan beat you down my dear sisters. He has NO power over you! God has already won that battle!
Blessings
Sonja
PS I know it has been a long time since my last post. Is anyone else out there? I have seen Jill and Kim and Sarah W. Anyone else? I will continue to cover you all in prayer.
Thank you Sonja for your encouraging
words! I wonder often times if anyone is out there. Could to hear
you are still with us Sonja.
Thanks again!
As I reflected over and over again on these verses it was like I just wanted to grasp them and watch the change. Through these scriptures I felt so urged to care for my heart and to be cautious of the words I say and the spirit I say them in.
In this area I have a long ways to go. Conviction came to visit however, I learned to appreciate conviction for it reminds me of the
Holy Spirit's presence and the love
of the Father. I am so thankful for
these verses. I could not just pick one! I did find another verse
in the time of reflecting....it said anxiety in the heart brings
depression. There it is...the cause for depression...that would mean I am trying to settle issues instead of trusting the Lord to do so. These verses are so practical.
Have a great week-end ladies.
Jill
Good not could!!!
I didn't preview my post....
Post a Comment