She makes tapestry for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple.
~Proverbs 31:22
Exhort bondservants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back, not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
~Titus 2:9-10
Monday, June 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good morning, ladies!
Are you enjoying the rain?
Well, I found these verses to be quite interesting to me.
Proverbs 31:22...remember King Lemuel's mother was giving advice to her son in what to look for in a wife - the future queen! - and the mom was encouraging him to find a woman who takes care of her needs last but nevertheless still takes care of her needs and herself. Her clothing was attractive and in good taste. I immediately thought of Kate Middleton, the lady who married the Prince in England. I LOVE the way that she dresses for the most part - so classy and so elegant! I then thought of the stereotype of a typical stay at home mom where she gets caught up in the needs of her household and sort of loses herself and fails to take care of herself, doesn't get out of her pajamas, or puts on "bummy" clothes every single day without giving any effort or bother to herself...please know that I am not trying to condemn any of that and that there is nothing wrong with the pajamas and the bummy clothes if that's what works for you all (it's the lack of caring for your own needs and self is the point I'm getting at). I then thought of Nathan who has told me MANY times that he appreciates that I get up and get dressed and look nice. While I may not dress like Princess Kate or fancy by any means, my husband is pleased with the way I dress! I read in the P31 book this morning that the way we dress is a reflection of our husbands and our children, and can I go as far as saying that the way we dress is a reflection of who God is within us? What an encouragement!
Then, Titus 2:9-10. To be honest, when I first started into these verses, I thought, "what?!...a servant, a slave! yes, I feel like that some days, ok, a lot of days! What does this got to do with me as a woman, a wife, and the way I dress?" (Did anyone else think that too?!) ;) But then I was encouraged to think that yes, I am a slave and God is my Master! And, yes, I am a servant, and my husband and kids is who I am to serve. And as slave and servant, what am I to be doing? being obedient to the Master and our masters, seek to please those who I work for without answering back (without deep sighing and expressions of dislike in what I am doing because they needed something or asked me to do something that I really didn't want to do!), not pilfering (not hiding something from my husband and not stealing or wasting time) but show faithfulness and loyalty. Why? To make the teaching that God saves sinners attractive! I can't do any of this without God's help!
Lord, help me to be faithful and obedient and to not waste time in my duties and my work and my service and know that I'm doing it to reflect who You are in my life. Lord, may my service be pure in motive, attitude, and action, and may it attract others to You and Your love and Your saving grace!
Oops! I ran out of time! Excuse me, ladies, I must go get dressed and ready for the day! Have a great day wearing your clothes and serving Him and others!
Kim
I really enjoyed your comments today Kim! Thanks for sharing! I love how both of these verses today reminded me that I can be a "God-sufficient" woman. That I can do things myself, but with a reliance on God for help. When working for someone , or even our own families, we must work as though we are working for God. And do our very best no matter how we may feel at that moment about the person we work for!
Happy Monday Ladies! Good to still be able to connect even though I am in Ohio!
Sarah
I liked reading your comments today too Kim! I remember a couple years back having this conversation with you Kim. After Eden was born I remember going through the "bummy" clothes phase. My shirts were always covered in spit up so I guess I figured why bother getting all dressed up. I thought my days of looking nice were over. I was a stay at home mom now. If I wasn't going out or to church yoga pants it would be. Thankfully this didn't last for too long. I do try to put some effort in and make sure that I look nice for my husband.
Post a Comment