She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.
~Proverbs 31:27
A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.
~Proverbs 13:1
2 comments:
kim
said...
Good morning, ladies, and Hello, Monday!
These verses were very timely for me this morning.
Confession: I have been failing in my Bible study times in the morning. I would read the verses, write them out, think on them for a moment, but fail to really dig in deep and fail to really bring out what my Father's instructions are to me...fail to heed to what my Father was saying and trying to teach me. Now that school is finished for the summer, I hope things finally settle down. (And, now that I have a year of experience with all that happens in school, I hope to prevent the craziness that creeped into our lives at the end of the school year for many school years to come.)
Well, it is my calling to manage and watch over the ways of my home to settle things down here and be diligent to restore order AND not be lazy! I thought of Philippians 3:14 this morning - I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Somedays, I feel that this calling of being a woman, a wife, a mother, a homemaker is exactly that, a high calling - in fact, too high of a calling for ME to handle when I try to handle it ON MY OWN power and in my own strength (because I do try to a lot of times). In my own power, I get overwhelmed, stressed out, become a crazy lady, and fail miserably. It becomes so clear that I need the Lord's help. I need to keep my eyes fixed on the One who can work through me and empower me and give me the strength to fulfill this high calling. How do you ladies do it?
There are so many days that I would love to eat the bread of idleness (and somedays I do!), but there is a price to pay for eating that bread up and it gets hard to get back on that "treadmill" of life to start working it off! How can we prevent doing that to ourselves?
Lord, I'm thankful for a fresh start each day. Lord, thank You for Your instruction and for continuing to teach me in spite of myself. Lord, thank You for providing all that I need to keep pressing toward this calling You have set before me. Lord, help me to embrace it each day and keep looking to You each moment of the day. Help me to resist being lazy and idle and help me to be diligent in caring and tending to the things in my home. Convict me when I try to take the reigns back from You and try to control it and do it on my own. Lord, thank You for continuing to love us and care for us!
Kim you are not alone!!! I have just come off a binge of idleness. It was week upon week...then I became overwhelmed, stressed, depressed and just well, I became the CRAZY lady!!!!!
Looking around I knew there was so much to catch up on then I would become more stressed out and my chair felt so good....I even took naps which is out of my character completely. I failed to look to the Lord for His strength and help instead I would just whine and sit in my chair again. Well......enough of that....after a day out letter boxing it is like the Lord put life back in my sails. He and I got to work! The Lord just seemed to deliver me from whatever was holding me and I thank Him so much. What a difference when you allow God to empower and guide and help you. He really does care.
My struggle is still with last week's verses. The tongue and our words. I am really struggling.... I studied that subject several years ago. I know that is an area for me. Poor Arlyn, he must feel like he can do nothing right!! Shame on me. Lord, You have so much work to do on me! I have the desire but when my mouth opens....it happens. I think it has just become habit.
I also read the verses think upon them but my devotional time is not growing. When I was being so idle I could at least been studying but when I fell behind in the study I felt overwhelmed in trying to catch up then it seemed like just a thing to do instead of capturing the words and putting them in my heart. Lord, help me to be more committed to OUR time. How patient You are Lord. Help these younger women today....their lives are so full. Help them to fill their time with what is important and help them to keep their homes and family in order....big task!
Sorry ladies if I rambled on but sometimes a person just has to let it out!
2 comments:
Good morning, ladies, and Hello, Monday!
These verses were very timely for me this morning.
Confession: I have been failing in my Bible study times in the morning. I would read the verses, write them out, think on them for a moment, but fail to really dig in deep and fail to really bring out what my Father's instructions are to me...fail to heed to what my Father was saying and trying to teach me. Now that school is finished for the summer, I hope things finally settle down. (And, now that I have a year of experience with all that happens in school, I hope to prevent the craziness that creeped into our lives at the end of the school year for many school years to come.)
Well, it is my calling to manage and watch over the ways of my home to settle things down here and be diligent to restore order AND not be lazy! I thought of Philippians 3:14 this morning - I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Somedays, I feel that this calling of being a woman, a wife, a mother, a homemaker is exactly that, a high calling - in fact, too high of a calling for ME to handle when I try to handle it ON MY OWN power and in my own strength (because I do try to a lot of times). In my own power, I get overwhelmed, stressed out, become a crazy lady, and fail miserably. It becomes so clear that I need the Lord's help. I need to keep my eyes fixed on the One who can work through me and empower me and give me the strength to fulfill this high calling. How do you ladies do it?
There are so many days that I would love to eat the bread of idleness (and somedays I do!), but there is a price to pay for eating that bread up and it gets hard to get back on that "treadmill" of life to start working it off! How can we prevent doing that to ourselves?
Lord, I'm thankful for a fresh start each day. Lord, thank You for Your instruction and for continuing to teach me in spite of myself. Lord, thank You for providing all that I need to keep pressing toward this calling You have set before me. Lord, help me to embrace it each day and keep looking to You each moment of the day. Help me to resist being lazy and idle and help me to be diligent in caring and tending to the things in my home. Convict me when I try to take the reigns back from You and try to control it and do it on my own. Lord, thank You for continuing to love us and care for us!
Have a great Monday, ladies!
Kim
Kim you are not alone!!! I have just come off a binge of idleness. It was week upon week...then I became overwhelmed, stressed, depressed and just well, I became the CRAZY lady!!!!!
Looking around I knew there was so much to catch up on then I would become more stressed out and my chair felt so good....I even took naps which is out of my character completely. I failed to look to the
Lord for His strength and help instead I would just whine and sit in my chair again. Well......enough of that....after a day out letter boxing it is like the Lord put life back in my sails. He and I got to work! The Lord just seemed
to deliver me from whatever was holding me and I thank Him so much.
What a difference when you allow God to empower and guide and help you. He really does care.
My struggle is still with last week's verses. The tongue and our words. I am really struggling....
I studied that subject several years ago. I know that is an area for me. Poor Arlyn, he must feel like he can do nothing right!! Shame on me. Lord, You have so much work to do on me! I have the desire but when my mouth opens....it happens. I think it has just become habit.
I also read the verses think upon them but my devotional time is not
growing. When I was being so idle I could at least been studying but when I fell behind in the study I felt overwhelmed in trying to catch up then it seemed like just a thing to do instead of capturing the words and putting them in my heart. Lord, help me to be more committed to OUR time. How patient You are Lord. Help these younger women today....their lives are so full. Help them to fill their time with what is important and help them to keep their homes and family in order....big task!
Sorry ladies if I rambled on but sometimes a person just has to let it out!
Have a good day.
Post a Comment