Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy -- meditate on these things.

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a challenge God has given over the past 2 days about renewing our mind and the things to fill our mind with everyday - many times throughout the day! I have found so many times throughout the day that it is so easy to focus on the stress, the constant demands, the whining, the tiredness, the bad, the hard that Satan uses those moments of weakness to turn my thoughts onto my self, my circumstance, and all that I'm doing and the time and energy that goes into it all and the exhaustion that ensues... I know...Yuck, right?! Satan is so crafty...he loves it when we take our eyes off of Jesus and put them on ourselves. It robs us of our joy in serving Him and others around us and robs God of His glory of a simple believer's life lived in beauty and glory to Him.

Yesterday's and today's verses were great reminders to me that I need to renew my mind so often throughout the day to start my day off with time in His Word and to think on the things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, anything praiseworthy so that when those negative thoughts arise and my eyes begin to drift off of my Lord, God is there to set my paths straight again. God will defeat them, and God will be glorified through it all! Praise God!

Enjoy this rainy day, ladies!

Jill said...

Today I managed to focus on the scriptures for this week. As I read the scriptures I thought how focused we must be. Everyday there seems to be something that tries to pull us from time with the Lord. Today I just would not let that happen.

As I was reading and thinking about Philippians 4:8 that in this world where there is so much negativity it is a big order and challenge to apply the scripture. Thinking on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of good report will take focus. It is so easy to think of the negative and yet among all the negative there are blessings and things to be thankful for. If our mind is stayed on the Lord then this scripture can be lived out but too often our eyes are not on the Lord but on the negative and then where is the peace and joy?

I don't remember where the scripture is but it says we are not to look to the right or the left but straight ahead focusing on the path.

Renew my mind Lord and create within me a right spirit.