Friday, July 17, 2015

Proverbs 27:17

As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i know the usual use of this verse is to rub off each others rough edges, but I think it goes much deeper to include encouraging each other, helping each other look at things more positively,I think the Holy Spirit was doing just that yesterday I kept hearing, 'He works all things together for our good". Some things I just can't see how they can possibly work out for my good but when I am on the other side hopefully I will see it.This also worries me a bit am I being prepared for another horrible life event?

Jill said...

Iron sharpens iron just like Ali stated the usual teaching of this scripture but I to looked at it in a different way. A man (friend) sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. I looked up the word countenance and came to this conclusion:

Being there for your friend, giving support and encouragement can give your friend calmness if you keep your composure during trying circumstances or indecision.