Friday, January 20, 2012
Ephesians 1:13-14
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Today's verses made me thankful that I have been sealed and have heard the truth. I gave praise to God this morning for my father who brought me to hear the truth of salvation. But more than that, my prayers today were regarding whomever the Lord wants me to share the message of salvation. It seems my daycare kids are my platform with which I can share the gospel. Thank you Lord, for this opportunity and forgive me for any times I have been frustrated with the idea of daycare. Help me to shine my light daily. And may these precious children hear your truth and become sealed with your Holy Spirit.
P.S. I love the way the NIV says "the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance. . ." Pretty cool word picture.
Have a blessed day
Sonja
I enjoyed reading about and seeing a picture of what this sealing of the Holy Spirit looks like...in Bible times, letters or contracts were fastened by a blob of warm wax with the signer pressing his mark into it to signify that the document was his (he owned it) and that it was secure, genuine, and authorized by him. Do you see the picture? When we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, we are marked with the impression of the image of God! God in turn assures us that we are genuinely HIS (HE owns us); we are secure in our future - Heaven and given His authority. So beautiful!
Lord, thank you for your Holy Spirit...thank you that we have just a taste of who You are and what is to come. Lord, help me to be quiet enough (even among what seems to be the chaos of life) to listen to Your Spirit's leading in my life today and help me to be obedient.
Ladies, you made it through a whole week in His Word! I'm so proud of you, but most of all, I'm sure God is proud of you! To God, be the glory!
Kim :)
Today the verses made me ask myself these questions. Do I listen to the Holy Spirit all the time? Do I trust Jesus with my whole life because of the things He did on the cross? I desire to become more and more like you Jesus and so I think its important to ask ourselves those questions! I want to live a life of faith - reflecting Christ to those around me!
I am so grateful to be "sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" I pray that the Holy Spirit will work in me making the word become more fresh and vital.
Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
Sorry I'm a day late! I am in FL and didn't have a internet connection until today.
After reading today I just feel very blessed and thankful for our inheritance.Kim- I also love the imagry of the seal, like on a letter... when you put that wax on something you can't get it off.. Praise the Lord for that!
Post a Comment