Monday, January 23, 2012

Ephesians 1:15-16

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to have this study!
Such a small passage and yet it spoke to me regarding my efforts on the part of beleivers whom I don't see regularly. Are there brothers and sisters for whom I have stopped giving thanks to God? Paul "has not stopped." Paul describes the Ephesians as loving ALL the saints. Have I stopped praying for them ALL? Satan is so good as keeping us busy with life so we forget to be effective prayer warriors! Lord, help me to keep my focus on the things of heaven.
Sonja

kim said...

Good morning, Ladies!
I love how we only have to digest a couple of verses at a time. God knows exactly what I can handle..2 little verses packed full of so many lessons. First challenge to me...would Paul say that about me? Has he heard about my faith in the Lord and my love for all believers? Second challenge...do I unceasingly give thanks for all things but especially for all believers (or just the ones I like)?
Having a heart full of praise and thankfulness seems to be a recurring lesson to be learned in my life so much lately. Lord, change me!
Happy Monday, Ladies!
Kim

Brienne said...

The part that spoke to me the most was that Paul had heard about their faith. Even in a time that these people were probably persecuted or at least looked down upon, Paul had heard about their faith! Sometimes I wonder if I have a faith that people would even know about, and I can only hope for the prayers of the faithful to help me be bold in sharing that faith in the right times that God provides. Lord, I thank you for this group and that you can take small verses or comments and speak volumes to us right where we are. Thank you for the blessings of these ladies, and be with each of us this week and let us hear and understand what you desire for us this week.

Anonymous said...

After I read these two verses the first thing that got my attention was How often do I mention fellow believers in my daily prayers. Sure I pray for my husband and my children but God doesn't want me to stop right there. Lord help me to pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Mrs. Gray said...

After reading this it really made me reflect on three things, first are others hearing of my faith... am I being open and straight forward enough in my day to day life. I was also encouraged by the knowledge that others are praying for me. it also reminded me to pray for each of you everyday.