Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Ephesians 1:7-10
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good Morning, my favorite word today is LAVISHED. It isn't just grace that is LAVISHED upon us, but the RICHES of His grace. I can't even begin to imagine what that means. I remember a sermon one time when the pastor said we need to be like those pez dispensers, only we need to be grace dispensers. The only problem is. . .I don't like the taste of pez candies. This verse makes me think more highly of the "riches" of His grace. So I am praying to be a Lindt chocolate dispenser, lavishing them upon everyone and anyone. :) Can you tell I'm hungry. Hope you all had a blessed time in His glorious Word this morning.
Sonja
In my bible, vs. 9 says "according to his kind intentions" and yesterday in vs. 5 it said the same thing...I feel like the word kind is a huge understatement... if we were all kind the way that God is kind in this passage, I can only image the difference in the world. My prayer this morning was that I would be able to clear out all the clutter in my head so that I could more clearly hear His will for me.
Sonja, I like your analogy, I will strive to have a pez dispenser of grace type of day today :)
Jesus paid it all - ALL TO HIM I OWE - sin has left a crimson stain - He washed it white as snow... Don't worry I won't sing for you ladies! :) But, I will be singing that in my heart today. We are no longer a slave to our sins - we have been bought back through the price Jesus paid on the cross for our sins, and we are now forgiven! A great reminder to start the day off! Now, may I display (or dispense, as Sonja put it) :) that same love and grace to others today.
Kim
I have to share this...you know those word verifications that never make a sensible word that you have to do to post your comment...well, this morning, mine makes total sense...it is "master"! :) Lord, You (not sin) are my Master!
The ending of this passage, when we as believers are going to be gathered up together makes me think of all my family and friends who don't know Jesus as their Savior. They won't be able to experience this unless they have that personal relationship. I pray for more boldness and courage in my faith to share it with others.
Post a Comment