skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I Peter 3:3-4
Do not let your adornment be merely outward - arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel - rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.
3 comments:
Good morning, ladies!
I read an interesting post over at www.womenlivingwell.org regarding modesty.
Today's verses were a much needed thing for me to hear this morning. Oh, how I wish I could say that I always possess a gentle and quiet spirit! A gentle and quiet spirit is precious in God's sight and is certainly valued and precious to our husbands as well! BUT, I fail. Too often, I fail. In fact, I failed right before bed last night...no quietness in my heart then! I need grace, mercy and forgiveness daily sometimes hourly from God, my husband, my children, or anyone really. Sure, I can dress and act the part of having it all put together, but if my heart and my spirit is not right at that time and I'm screaming inside (not always but it happens), the way I dress is a lie to others and not truly reflecting who I am and who God is in my life.
Lord, more than anything, I want to always possess a gentle and quiet spirit. Lord, thank You for Your grace and forgiveness when I fail to reflect You in my life. But, Lord, thank You for continuing to work in my heart one little bit at a time to refine me into who You want me to be and to have a gentler and quieter spirit.
Have a good day, ladies!
Kim
This was a great one for me this morning too! We are home in Ohio for the week, and staying with Ben's parents. His mom, my mother in law is not a follower of Jesus, and it seems like since we have moved, she has not really known how to handle it, yet she wont talk about it. This morning my father in law came into the kitchen yelling at my husband because she was up all night crying because she thinks we hate her and we don't treat her well. I am telling you all this because my immediate reaction is wanting to say, WHAT? we didnt do anything...we just are honest about our opinions and feelings and that sets her over the edge....blah blah... BUT, what I really need to do with her is to have a gentle and quiet spirit. I need to adorn myself with God in my heart and love her quietly and gracefully. Please pray for both Ben & I to be able to do this this week and to love her as Jesus wants us to love her. Thank you for your prayers!
In reading this verse once again I am reminded that as important as it is to care for our outward appearance such as what we wear and having the right haircut there is something that is much more important. That something would be having a gentle quiet spirit
which is precious to God as well as our husband. This evening I have to confess my spirit wasn't very quiet and gentle but I do ask You, Lord, to please continue to work on me and mold me into Your likeness. I desire to have this gentle and quiet spirit within. This would be true beauty from within.
Post a Comment