Monday, June 15, 2015

Ephesians 5:1

Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 

(Read Ephesians 5:1-14)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good reminder before going out in the world today,

Kim said...

This verse brings so many pictures to mind of my own children and how they would (and still do) imitate me as a parent...sometimes good and sometimes bad. I remember when I first stayed at home full time with my firstborn...God taught me soooo much (and still does!) through that little one of mine in how she would imitate my behavior in how I would react or how my attitude was, which sadly wasn't always the best. The growing pains aren't always fun but so needed.

I guess the biggest mental picture that challenged me the most with today's verses (and with what Pastor Justin challenged us with in his message yesterday) was something that my littlest daughter does with her Daddy almost every day. When her Daddy comes home from work, she comes a running and meets him right inside the door with arms open wide and ready to wrap them around her Daddy's legs to give a big squeeze. I was challenged today with that...to come running to my Father's feet with arms open wide and just cling to Him - to my faith that's so precious and dear and to keep coming to Him to imitate who He is.

Sorry for the late comment...today was a Monday! ;)

Jill Zipf said...

The word "therefore" sticks out to me as saying, sit up and take note or pay attention. Because I am God's child and made in His image I should follow Christ in a fitting manner.

I liked Ali's comment because the world is a testing ground. We never know what we will see or hear that day. Lord help us to be strong and true to Your image.