Hi, Ladies!
It's the weekend again and that time of the week where we get to reflect back on our week...especially our times throughout the week spent with the Lord and digging into His Word. How was your week? What are a few things God has pressed on your heart or taught you this week in terms of intentionally focusing on your spiritual life? Perhaps you need this day as a grace day to catch up on the study? Take this time this weekend to reflect and be refreshed.
Now, I'd like to turn the corner here to ask a few get-to-know-you questions. Since the season is upon us and since our family is in the midst of one here (and it seems I can't think of anything else but this topic), I thought I would theme our questions about YARD SALES. So, here we go:
1. Do you go to yard sales? If so, what is your best find at a yard sale?
2. What 3 possessions of yours would you never want sold in a yard sale or any sale for that matter and would rather see passed on to your children, grandchildren, etc.?
3. Would you rather go yard sale shopping, grocery shopping, shoe shopping, or clothes shopping?
2 comments:
Ok, so these questions were really hard...really really hard to answer. Next week, I need to keep them simpler so even I can answer them. :P
1. Yes I go to yard sales but not very often...just busy-ness of life I guess. Nathan is a much better yard sale shopper than I am. So, I am living vicariously through him in sharing "our" best yard sale find. It was a Pottery Barn mantle shelf that "we" got for something like $5!
2. 1- Our pictures (like anyone would want to buy those anyways) :)
2- Several of the nativity sets I have and put out for Christmas every year...one in particular was painted by my Grandma and I remembered my Mom always putting it out on our mantle growing up, and now that my Mom has given the set to me and we have said mantle shelf above, I am able to put it out every Christmas too!
3- A teapot that came from Nathan's Gram (and my Gram too!)...so many special memories and things learned came over that one teapot!
3. I really don't like shopping in general. Definitely NOT clothes shopping or shoe shopping (however, I don't mind clothes shopping and shoe shopping with my girls)! I don't mind grocery shopping too much. So, I guess the answer to the question would be yard sale shopping when I get to go. (As I was talking to Jill yesterday about these questions, we thought of antique shopping...I should have included that in the options and that would have definitely been my answer!)
Have fun answering these very thought-provoking questions!
This question seemed to take much thought. Yard sales is one thing I love to do on vacation.
On our last trip I actually found a Royal Albert tea cup and saucer from England at a yard sale for $3.00. This was a find.
Possessions I would not want sold in any sale are items from ancestors. Also I have a collection of vintage watering cans that are almost impossible to find also a Hawthorn pottery crock jug.
I would definitely rather go to yard sales to shop. They are cheap and don't have to worry about the fit.
Post a Comment