Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed. (Read also Luke 5:16)
5 comments:
Errin True
said...
In theory it sounds easy to get up before the rest of the family to dig into God's word so why can't I seem to do it. That's the only quiet time throughout the day where their will be no distractions or interruptions. Like right now as I am typing this my son is asking me to help him write the number 5. It's so important to find that time and I need to be more intentional to do it. Jesus was able to find time in his busy schedule to talk with his Heavenly Father. Kim thank you for starting this online bible study back up again and for the accountability it gives me.
Hi all! I have been reading the devotional through the Bible app that Kim suggested and following along on the blog when I can. Just not posting very much. I actually wrote this nice long comment on Friday night and went to post it and it disappeared and unfortunately after that I gave up. So I'm trying again. The basic idea of Friday's post was that I really liked the idea of constantly being under construction. It helps remind me that we are always able to change and grow but that we don't have to be so frustrated when we never seem to become that completed "project". Guess we'll wait till heaven for that! Thanks for all the encouraging words last week and I hope you all have a great rest of your week!
This verse is so easy to understand, but in application, it is so hard. We need to follow Jesus' example of going out into the wilderness or departing to a solitary place to pray much like Jesus did. First thing in the morning would be great but for some that's not possible. And for those who can't in the morning, give yourself grace and find another time of day that works. Lord, help us ladies...help me to find that wilderness that solitary place in my day to intentionally focus on You. I need You, Lord, every moment of my day! Thank You for always being there!
As I read Mark 1:35 how Jesus rose early just to talk to His father what an example this is for us. Life is full of distractions and this is why we NEED to find time to get away to talk to the Father, our Father. Jesus rose early in the morning, well, I am not a morning person but there are nights I just CANNOT sleep. Instead of fighting insomnia could this be my prayer time? Hey, I just had a thought....maybe if I was intentional about late night prayer maybe I would not have insomnia.....now that is a thought!!
5 comments:
In theory it sounds easy to get up before the rest of the family to dig into God's word so why can't I seem to do it. That's the only quiet time throughout the day where their will be no distractions or interruptions. Like right now as I am typing this my son is asking me to help him write the number 5. It's so important to find that time and I need to be more intentional to do it. Jesus was able to find time in his busy schedule to talk with his Heavenly Father. Kim thank you for starting this online bible study back up again and for the accountability it gives me.
Hi all! I have been reading the devotional through the Bible app that Kim suggested and following along on the blog when I can. Just not posting very much. I actually wrote this nice long comment on Friday night and went to post it and it disappeared and unfortunately after that I gave up. So I'm trying again. The basic idea of Friday's post was that I really liked the idea of constantly being under construction. It helps remind me that we are always able to change and grow but that we don't have to be so frustrated when we never seem to become that completed "project". Guess we'll wait till heaven for that! Thanks for all the encouraging words last week and I hope you all have a great rest of your week!
This verse is so easy to understand, but in application, it is so hard. We need to follow Jesus' example of going out into the wilderness or departing to a solitary place to pray much like Jesus did. First thing in the morning would be great but for some that's not possible. And for those who can't in the morning, give yourself grace and find another time of day that works. Lord, help us ladies...help me to find that wilderness that solitary place in my day to intentionally focus on You. I need You, Lord, every moment of my day! Thank You for always being there!
By the way, welcome Errin and Brienne! So glad to "see" you on here!
As I read Mark 1:35 how Jesus rose early just to talk to His father what an example this is for us. Life is full of distractions and this is why we NEED to find time to get away to talk to the Father, our Father. Jesus rose early in the morning, well, I am not a morning person but there are nights I just CANNOT sleep. Instead of fighting insomnia could this be my prayer time? Hey, I just had a thought....maybe if I was intentional about late night prayer maybe I would not have insomnia.....now that is a thought!!
Post a Comment