skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ephesians 1:11-12
In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
4 comments:
Good morning,
I have to admit, when I first read these 2 verses, my brain said, "WHAT?" I thought, "Will I ever find application from these verses?" But I plugged away with the SOAP method, plus a method I learned in my single days when I had FAR more time to study the Word (haha), called inductive Bible study by a woman named Kay Arthur. Very cool way to dissect the Word of God. So, once I finished I thiught, "God, you are so cool to speak even in the midst of passages that don't seem 'meaty' at first glance." My Bible version says "In Him we were chosen (or made heirs)." I like that. Since God is the King, that makes us all princesses as heirs to the kingdom of God. May that encourage us all. Press on fellow princesses as we go about the daily "cinderella" tasks of our homes looking up to heaven knowing our king loves and cares about us and is "working out His plan in us to conform us to His will." (my NIV version)
Blessings today
SOnja
Good morning, ladies!
God not only chose us and adopted us into His family, but He also gave us an inheritance! v.12 challenged me to examine why I do the things that I do in my daily life - Am I living my life (even the daily mundane things of my life) to bring glory and praise to my Lord, or is it all about me?
Thank you, Sonja, for the encouragement! I knew there was a reason we've watched Cinderella a gazillion times other than for the entertainment and good moral factors! I don't think I'll ever watch Cinderella the same way again! :)
Love to you all today
Kim
Good morning-
This passage expanded on a lesson that I have been learning recently. God wants to propose (not impose) salvation to the world! If we trust him, his perfect will then begins to align with ours! I pray that I can learn to trust Him and praise Him more in all that I do because I know that I was created for his purposes and am working toward His will. How freeing to live a life designed by God!
I pray today that I will learn to trust in the Lord more and not to lean on my own understanding. Help me to bring glory to your name Lord!
Post a Comment