Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ephesians 1:17

...that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how the NIV starts off verse 17, "I keep asking. . ." and it ends with, "so that you may know him BETTER." These 2 parts spoke volumes to me this morning. How blessed the Ephesians were to have Paul praying over them. Lord, help me to be a Paul to the beleivers at Conway/Fryeburg. May I learn to "keep asking" for wisdom and revelation for the body of believers. And the second part, about knowing him better, Paul's not just asking God for the believers to know God, but to know Him BETTER. Amen, Lord, I want to know you BETTER and BETTER and BETTER. :)
I pray you all have a BETTER type of day! :)
Sonja

the zipfs said...

I agree with Sonja...I love how the NIV has this verse...I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better.
Not only did Paul hear of the believers' faith and their love for all believers, he prayed and continued to give thanks for them. Now Paul continues to pray for them so they would know God in a deeper, clearer, and more revealing way. Lord, I too want to know You better each day...each moment of the day, and I pray especially for my sisters here in this study that they too would know You better each day. Amen
Have a great day, ladies!
Kim

Sarah said...

God gives to us his wisdom...and he reveals this to us more and more as we become more like Christ! How wonderful that (as Sonja said) Paul was praying for the Ephesians! We must be praying for each other to become more like Christ! Lord- I want to have you in every part of my life today and everyday! Help me to continually want to learn about you and become more like Christ!

Brienne said...

This verse along with reviewing everyone's comments from yesterday's made me think of praying for each of you. I have been so caught up in my own things lately that I realized that sometimes I forget to think that others want the same things I do. I've wanted so badly to have the time to spend getting to know God better, and now I want to pray for each of you to be given the spirit of wisdom and revelation so that YOU may know him better. How powerful prayer can be. And by the way, I just want to say thank you for all the prayers you ladies are saying for this group. Even though we haven't met and aren't talking in person...I can feel it! It's so neat to see how God is working even through the internet!

Brienne

Mrs. Gray said...

I agree with Brienne that it is really encouraging to read everyone's comments.

This passage had me focusing on the word of the prayer.. for the spirit of wisdom and the ability to discern the bible and truly apply it to my life.

One definition of revelation is
"something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized."

I pray that each and everyday we will have a new revelation from our readings and have the wisdom to apply it to our lives.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to get our computer back and running today after it was affected by a virus. I pray today that the Lord will help me gain wisdom to understand and know Him better. As I read each verse may it become clear to me what God wants to me get out of it. Amen