Sunday, June 17, 2012

father's day questions

Since today is Father's Day, can you guess what these questions are going to be about?  You guessed it, DADS!

1.  Are you more of a "Mama's Girl" or a "Daddy's Girl"?

2.  Using the letters from the word FATHER, describe your Dad AND describe your husband as a father. 

3.  Name a few memories you have of your father or from time spent with your Dad.

4.  What is one thing you admire the most about your Dad AND about your husband as a Dad?

I realize that maybe some of you ladies may not have had a Dad's presence in your lives growing up so please tailor these questions to meet what fit your childhood or even present day.  Perhaps, it was your Mom who was always there so you can think of her when answering the questions!  My apologies in advance if these questions bring up some bad or bitter thoughts and memories of your Dad.  Enjoy your day, ladies! 

And, Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads out there!

2 comments:

kim said...

1. Although I love my Mom and Dad the same, I tend to be more of a Daddy's Girl.

2. my Dad:
F-Friendly
A-Automobile Lover (especially old cars)
T-Trustworthy and He was There...even though my Dad worked a lot, I still remember him being there when he could!
H-Hardworking and Husband to my Mom for 40 years!
E-Easily heard when laughing or cheering us on in a sports game
R-Ready to Help and Real - what you see is what you get with my Dad...he doesn't act any different depending where we are or where we go

Nathan as a Dad:
F-Fun
A-Adventurer
T-Teaser, the Thinker, and Teacher
H-Hero to our kids!
E-Eager
R-Revenge-ful (you can't do anything to Daddy without him doing it back to you!)

3. I remember doing lots of things with my Dad. We would mow at Grandma's together. He taught me how to mow and trim. He would take us down to the feed mill where we would see Grandpa and get a whole pack of Juicy Fruit gum from him, we could slide down on the feed bag chute, explore and discover all around the mill's buildings, and hunt for the baby kittens. We'd help Dad wash the big semi-trucks and our own cars. He would take us out to the front and back farms and the Stahlman farm, and we'd feed the cows, count cows to make sure they were all there, and he would even let us drive on the back farm roads a little too way before we were 16! I even got to see a baby calf be born one day! He even showed us how to chuck rotten apples over the barn! We'd walk our family's dog together. Dad would tickle us and give us "whiskers" (tickled us with his whiskery face) on their water bed. Watching and cheering on the Pittsburgh Steelers together. so many fun memories!

4. My Dad works hard and has taught me the value of hard work. Nathan can stay calm and collected with the kids and not get as easily distracted by them. He knows how to have fun with them, and he enthusiastically and eagerly makes time for them.

Happy Father's Day!
Kim

Jill said...

This a redo. I shared too much and
used too many character for HTML.
I did enjoy memory lane.

1.After visiting memory lane I guess I would have to say Daddy's girl.

My Dad
F-FISHERMAN (when he first Nathan
his words were "another
fisherman!) FAMILY (he loved the
reunion thought it should be a
holiday on the calendar).
A-ACTIVE, ALWAYS ready to help
T-THRIFTY,TEASER,TRUSTWORTHY,TOYS
(truck and Ford tractor)
H-HUMOR (he sure could laugh)
HUSBAND,HUMBLE
E-good work ETHICS,Eat (he loved to
eat!), ENCOURAGER
R-RETIRED but not retired (he
was still working when he took
his final breath),RESPECTED,
RESOURCEFUL,RIFLES

ARLYN
F-FAITHFUL (dependable as a dad)
A-ALWAYS there (activities unless
he was working)
T-TRUSTWORTHY
H-HELPER (cars, sports, hunting)
E-ETHICAL,ENCOURAGING
R-ROLE MODEL

3.Memories
So many! Well, I remember while mom
shopped we would sit in the car with Dad but he would go and buy a
bag of Peanut Clusters for us. What a treat!

The night Dad took us to the movie
theater and we saw "Son of Flubber"
(standing room only and how he laughed!)

One snowy Friday night Dad took us
to town to talk to Santa and get a
shiny penny.

Dad would pay us a dime if we would
comb his hair for awhile!

Dad could really decorate the Christmas tree. Talk about fussy.

I grew up with a lot of earaches.
When I was younger he would blow
smoke in my ear and as a teen he
still would rub around my ear when
it hurt.

The night he took us to the drive-in movie in our pajamas and after-wards bought us a milkshake while
waiting for mom to leave work! That
was a special treat!

Some Friday nights he would bring
home pop.

4. What I admired about my dad was
how hard he worked and how much he
cared about family.

What I admired most about Arlyn as
a dad was the example he was to the
boys. Showing them how to live a
life for God, being the spiritual
leader in the home and his work
ethics. He had the privilege of
having the boys work with him. I hope his example is still an influence on the boys. His patience
and calmness was a great trait in the boys' life.

There was so much more to share!