Since we are seeing a lot of rain here in the Northeast, I thought we would have some questions about the rain because I know we are not thinking about it at all. For me, I LOVE the rain and especially a good thunderstorm! In fact, you probably don't know this and probably could care less knowing this, but when I was growing up, I always said that I wanted to live in Seattle, Washington because I heard it rained there a lot; in fact, I even looked into a college there. (I guess I picked the wrong corner of the country! BUT, I'm sure now you can sleep better tonight knowing all of that very pertinent information!) :) Ok, now, on to the questions!
1. Do you have any childhood memories with your family that involved rain? If so, name one or two.
2. What are three of your favorite things to do in the rain nowadays? What were three of your favorite things to do in the rain when you were younger?
3. Describe yourself using the letters in the word RAIN as an acronym.
4. What did you do on this wet weekend? (I don't know about you, but I'm always looking to gain fresh ideas to do on wet, rainy, inside days!)
Enjoy this rainy, inside day, ladies! One thing is for sure...rain showers provide the perfect weather to relax and take an afternoon nap especially on this day of rest!
See you all here tomorrow!
2 comments:
1. yes a lot-I had thought of so many when I came up with the question but now I can't think of anything really with the exception of playing outside with my brother and the other neighborhood kids no matter what the weather was like
2. now: 1-watching the kids as they love to run around in the rain with their umbrellas and splash in the puddles. Somehow, they always seem to get more wet with their umbrellas than without them!
2-we went toad & frog hunting as a family through the woods last year which was so much fun and a must do it again every year thing.
3-cuddle on the couch and relax with the window open to listen to the rain (perhaps read a book if it's really quiet in the house) or sit on our porch when it's raining
younger: 1-jogging in the rain
2-practicing/playing soccer and slidetackling in the rain
3-play and imagine and pretend in Jenny Wellman's attic loft
3. R-Runner, Realistic, Rule Follower
A-Always Thinking (maybe sometimes not about too much of anything) & Active(kind of have to be with 3little kiddos keeping me on my toes)
I-Impatient (God's molding me in this area a lot), Imperfect and In need of a Savior, and In love with Jesus and God's grace
N-Neat Freak
4. weekend events - Nate did yardwork even in the rain while the kids and I pulled the couch out to turn the back of it into a "house". Did some housework, went to a birthday party, got my first very own cell phone-a huge step for me (BUT Ivy had to teach me how to use), went to church and was "blessed" by Pastor Ben's preaching (I had a dream about 3 mean girls last night thanks to him), and meet,eat,and chat (I actually started and finished a conversation!) with new friends!
Kim
Rainy Day questions...very interesting!
1. Childhood memories....well, on a hot summer day when the rain would come down we loved to go out and just run and GET WET!! Now, here is a weird one....we were always told that if you had rubber on you would not get struck with lightening so.....as kids when there was a storm we would go to the extra bed and all three of us would hang onto the vacuum hose it probably was plastic or vinyl what did we know? I liked standing in the barn on a rainy day (I can almost smell it as I reflect back)
2. Today I like to listen to the rain and read a good book or watch a good movie. If Arlyn and I out for the day or evening and it is raining I like to just sit in the car and watch and listen. It is wet out there but I am dry and warm.
I already shared the younger.
3.This was very hard. Really I had to turn to a friend to see how she would describe me with RAIN. It was quite interesting. As I shared the words with Arlyn, well, he didn't agree with some.
R-Reader, reliable and responsible
A-Adaptable, Awkward (there are situations where this would be how I am or feel) Anchored in Jesus,and I can relate to Kim's Always thinking...(that one can be good or not so good)!
I-Impatient (I will just say that one first) Imperfect, Oh wow! Impulsive and an Instructor (teaching Sunday School) I would like to be able to add "INSPIRING" I think that would be wonderful! (Maybe I can work on that one and accomplish it)
N-Neat (I like my house neat, I like to write and print neat) Nocturnal ( I am far from a morning person. I stay up late!) Nurturing (a mom and gramma continues to nurture all her days). Normal (I am just that...a regular person) however, she did add a big? mark to that one and Arlyn says normal is just a setting on a dryer!!
So like I said, my friend came up with a list.....some of the other words she used I thought 'REALLY"!!
4. I was in Ohio over the week-end also to spend some time with Shannon, Steph and the grandkids and we too had some rain. My week-end started on Thursday as I went to Josh's first little league game (I about froze there), Friday, I went with the family to the last day of bowling for the home schoolers and their pizza party. It was then time to go home and pitch in to get ready for Sam's 2nd birthday party which would be on Saturday and Saturday was party day! Sunday I left for home at 6:00 in the morning and arrived home in time to get ready to teach SS, Arlyn and I ate lunch out with some church friends and slept all afternoon and evening! What a stormy day! I love a stormy day!!
Post a Comment