Saturday, June 13, 2015

Just a Few Things Before We Begin...

Hi, Ladies!

I'm so glad that you are joining in this study!  I cannot wait to see how the Lord uses each and every one of you to teach, help, and encourage one another throughout this study.  

One thing that I think is important before we begin is to set some goals for this study so take some time between now and Monday to prayerfully consider setting 2 or 3 goals to look back on at the completion of this study.  You do not need to share these goals in the comments section as they are personal and between you and God.

Another thing that I want to stress is that you do not need to share anything that you do not feel comfortable sharing.  Please do not feel pressured to share anything that you do not want to and please do not feel judged for anything that you do share.

Next, for any of you who love technology or love using the Bible App by LifeChurch.tv.  This study plan is on there!  All you need to do is search for "Good Morning Girls Intentionally Focused" and then start the plan.  You can even set reminders for yourself for a certain time of day to study the verses for that day!

Okay, now it's time to get to know one another and practice sharing in the comments section below.  So, some time today or tomorrow, take the time to answer the following:

1.  Share a little bit about yourself.  Who are you?  Are you married and for how long?  Do you have any kids, how many, and what are their ages?  Where did you grow up at?  How long have you lived in the Mount Washington Valley?  Do you work and what is it that you do for work?  What is your birthdate (no need to give the year)? Share 3 words that you would use to describe yourself.  How old are you and how much do you weigh?  (Okay, you don't have to answer those last couple questions!  Hehe!)  :)

2.  Name 3 hobbies or things you like to do with your time.

3.  Would you rather go biking, hiking, or swimming?

I'm sure we are all looking forward to reading each other's answers!

Monday is almost here!

4 comments:

Kim said...

1. Hi, I'm Kim Zipf. In July, I will be married to my hubby for 13 years! We have 3 children who are 9, 6, and 5 years old. I grew up in western Pennsylvania and have lived in Conway for almost 13 years. I am a stay-at-home mom where my jobs include, but not limited to, nanny, house cleaner, cook, baker, launderer, lunch packer, chauffeur, cheerleader, key and wallet finder, dog walker,... However, my littlest one is going to school in the fall so some big changes are definitely in store for me come September. Lately, I would describe myself as busy, scatterbrained, and half-crazy. ;) I used to be organized, thoughtful, and positive.

2. 3 things I like to do in my spare time are running while listening to podcasts, biking with my family, and playing games.

3. I like to do all 3 of those activities although I only like swimming in pools...not in water with stuff and critters in it. If I had to choose one, it would have to be biking.

I'm looking forward to starting our study on Monday!

Brienne said...

Hi Kim! I know you briefly mentioned doing this before, and I'm glad you found your answer to prayer! I'm hoping to participate as much as I can as I've been feeling the same needs of being intentionally focused lately. So my answers:

1. Brienne Trowbridge. I'm a physical therapist in Conway, NH. I've been married for almost 4 years now, and so far our only child is our black lab who's 2 and still all puppy. I grew up mostly in the South, but moved a lot as my did was in the military. I moved to Conway in 2008. Birthday is January 5th. 3 words...that's the hardest one! It's almost easier to think of words that other people would use. I think loyal, hard-working, and active (as in I like to exercise, but don't worry I like to sleep too!)

2. Well, since I just said exercise, that's on my mind. Running, biking. I'd like to hike more this summer. And music is my other main hobby. I play the flute, and I'm recently learning the bass guitar.

3. Impossible to answer. Probably swimming is my last choice though. It's hard to get in cold water!

Can't wait to hear from everyone!

Unknown said...

ALICIA GUILFORD, I have been married for 24 years in August. I have 4 children, my youngest is getting married next Saturday. I have lived in or just outside the MT Washington Valley all my life. I am a clerk at the post office.
3 hobbies would be movies, genealogy,travel

most definitely swimming

Jill said...

Hi I am Jill Zipf and I have been married to my wonderful husband for going on 43 years. We have two sons, two great daughters in-law and seven super grandchildren. I grew up in western PA and after we were married we lived in NE for seven years and moved back to western PA. Last fall my husband retired and we moved to the Mt. Washington Valley in October. My birthday is August 3rd (forget the year!).

I enjoy playing games, letter boxing and reading a good mystery!

I would rather bike (although I get hiking in when I letter box)