She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard. ~Proverbs 31:16
Commit your works to the LORD, and your thoughts will be established. ~Proverbs 16:3
2 comments:
Sarah W.
said...
Again this morning- challenging, encouraging verses! Today I looked up two different words to help me to understand these verses more. Consider- to think carefully about, especially in order to make a decision, contemplate, reflect on. Commit- to give in trust or charge, consign
I thought it was very interesting that the woman in Proverbs 31 thought very carefully, and was contemplative and reflective (considers) before she made her decision about buying the field. And then because she considered this carefully, she then made profits and was able to plant a vineyard (she was given this blessing by the Lord). She gave herself in trust to the Lord (committing her works) and her will lined up with God's will. I also wanted to share a quote from my study bible about the verse in 16:3 "We must maintain a delicate balance, trusting God as if everything depended on him, while working as if everything depended on us."
This is so true- I think many times we don't maintain this balance, and then we are not truly committing our works to the Lord 100%.
Have a great day!!!! Some great things to think about today!
She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard.
Consider-think carefully about especially in order to make a decision-contemplate-reflect on.
Before receiving my cash inheritance from my mother's (parents') estate I gave MUCH consideration of what I should do with it. Knowing how impulsive and foolish I CAN BE this was the time to give serious thought to my actions.
I made list, I scratched from the list, I made a new list, I discussed with the Lord what to do.
I knew I would only receive this amount and yet I had so many desires. I had almost a year to consider what I would do. Oh, what to do!
Finally one day I told Arlyn this is what I know I SHOULD DO...BUT... inside is this what I would do?
Check the list again add, subtract, talk to the Lord again asking Him to show me which I should forget; help me to be wise!!
I wanted to honor and show respect to my parents by not spending foolishly.
Then the day arrived! We were meeting with our financial adviser and I announced (I didn't know I was going to do this) but I announced my decision! There I said it, the decision was made and the look on Arlyn's face was priceless! Thank you Lord for a mature decision. From the verse what did I buy? More financial freedom (vineyard)that is what my decision bought.
Now the last $2000, what to do. Again, much thought and being sure, we went to the Amish and would have a dining table and hutch made not only as a gift from my parents but a memorial to mom and dad for all that they did for me and for all the hard work they did.
I wanted to commit my will and decisions to God's will. Now I am trusting Him to show me where to put the tithe monies from my inheritance. Where it will be a blessing! Again, much thought!
2 comments:
Again this morning- challenging, encouraging verses! Today I looked up two different words to help me to understand these verses more.
Consider- to think carefully about, especially in order to make a decision, contemplate, reflect on.
Commit- to give in trust or charge, consign
I thought it was very interesting that the woman in Proverbs 31 thought very carefully, and was contemplative and reflective (considers) before she made her decision about buying the field. And then because she considered this carefully, she then made profits and was able to plant a vineyard (she was given this blessing by the Lord). She gave herself in trust to the Lord (committing her works) and her will lined up with God's will. I also wanted to share a quote from my study bible about the verse in 16:3
"We must maintain a delicate balance, trusting God as if everything depended on him, while working as if everything depended on us."
This is so true- I think many times we don't maintain this balance, and then we are not truly committing our works to the Lord 100%.
Have a great day!!!! Some great things to think about today!
She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard.
Consider-think carefully about especially in order to make a decision-contemplate-reflect on.
Before receiving my cash inheritance from my mother's (parents') estate I gave MUCH consideration of what I should do with it. Knowing how impulsive and foolish I CAN BE this was the time
to give serious thought to my actions.
I made list, I scratched from the list, I made a new list, I discussed with the Lord what to do.
I knew I would only receive this amount and yet I had so many desires. I had almost a year to consider what I would do. Oh, what to do!
Finally one day I told Arlyn this is what I know I SHOULD DO...BUT... inside is this what I would do?
Check the list again add, subtract, talk to the Lord again asking Him to show me which I should forget; help me to be wise!!
I wanted to honor and show respect to my parents by not spending foolishly.
Then the day arrived! We were meeting with our financial adviser and I announced (I didn't know I was going to do this) but I announced my decision! There I said it, the decision was made and the look on Arlyn's face was priceless!
Thank you Lord for a mature decision. From the verse what did I buy? More financial freedom (vineyard)that is what my decision bought.
Now the last $2000, what to do. Again, much thought and being sure, we went to the Amish and would have a dining table and hutch made not only as a gift from my parents but a memorial to mom and dad for all that they did for me and for all the hard work they did.
I wanted to commit my will and decisions to God's will. Now I am
trusting Him to show me where to put the tithe monies from my inheritance. Where it will be a blessing! Again, much thought!
Post a Comment