Sunday, May 20, 2012

it's sunday...

...and you know what that means!  Question Time!!

1.  What is your favorite picnic food?

2.  Which would you have more fun doing with a bunch of ladies...crafting, watching and/or going to a movie, playing games, or going shopping (for knick-knacks, antiques, clothes, and the like)?  

3.  Spinning off of verse 16 from our study this week, what is one "field" in your life that you had to prayerfully consider and then "buy"?

4.  And since I didn't get the reflection questions posted yesterday:  What is one thing that challenged you or encouraged you from this past week's verses?
Have a great day today praising, worshiping, and fellowshiping in the body of Christ and enjoying the sunny weather!

2 comments:

sunset gang said...

Happy Sunday!
1) Potato salad is my fav picnic food!
2) I like crafting/quilting with ladies at church because it always leads to great conversations. I also enjoy games with friends because of the laughter and also the conversations.
3) "Consider and buy" situations: the decision to raise chickens, planting a large veggie garden, starting a daycare (though there was no cost involved, but lots of considerations), taking a leap of faith to homeschool the kids. (Best decision of my life - besides marrying Marc)
4) This week has been so awesome and encouraging. I love the proverbs 31 verses we are studying. They bring back reminders of what I desire to be doing in my home. And they give the nudge to do my best for the Lord at ALL times! It's like reading a favorite love letter over and over. Each morning this week, I just couldn't get enough. Everytime I was ready to post with you all, the day got away from me. I'm so happy to share with you, now, all the ways the Lord has been encouraging me. Besides the part about our machines being our servants, Laine also taught me long ago about "tithing" our time to the Lord. Tithing is giving the first fruits, the best of what we have, back to the Lord. We usually think about tithing in relation to money, but the same should be true with our time. Going back over the 6 or so letters regarding the morning hours have been sooooo inspirational. Originally, Laine felt the Lord challenging her to give 10% of her day to HIM each morning (that's only 24 minutes) which eventually grew into desiring an hour each morning. In my own life, I found once I gave Him the firstfruits of my day, He doubled and tripled my efforts immediately following. I LOVE the hour following my devotions with the Lord. It feels like the most productive hour of my day. Thank you Lord for being faithful in MUCH! I pray you all are being equally inspired.
Blessings
Sonja

Jill said...

These were fun questions!!

1. Picnic foods-GOOD potato salad and
baked beans

2. Do with a bunch of ladies-play
games (I think this is the best
way to get comfortable and get
to know one another). I am not
crafty and shopping everyone
does there own thing (going to
an antique store I would love).

3. Field and buy-I just posted this
portion of scripture this
morning ( I am a little behind).
It was making a decision on how
to spend my cash inheritance and
as I shared in making my
decision I was able to buy SOME
financial freedom.

4. A thought was brought to me this
morning just how personal these
scriptures have become. I am
encouraged just to keep growing!