Sunday, May 13, 2012

mom's day questions

To all of the mothers out there, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Thought this was so cute!  :)



On to the questions:

1.  Using the letters in the word "MOTHER," describe your mom!

2.  What is one thing that you most admire about your mom and one thing in regards to your mother-in-law (by the way, I'm not trying to earn any brownie points here :) )?

3.  What is one word that you hope your kids (or your future kids) would use to describe you as a mother?  (To make things interesting for those who have kids, ask your kids what that one word would be to describe you as a mom right now.)

And, just for fun!





And, just because we were talking about being queens of our homes this past week...


Have a great day, ladies!  Again, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


2 comments:

kim said...

1. M-Married for almost 40 years!!! (that, in itself, is praiseworthy and shows her love and devotion and commitment to a promise!)
O-Overcomer - She has overcome so much...from being adopted; experiencing the deaths of loved ones and some early on in life - her brother, her father, her mother, her in-laws; financial struggles on a very fixed and limited income with 4 kiddos at her feet and my Dad driving truck over the road a lot; 3 teenage girls; a teenage boy; health issues; children's unwise choices even today; so much yet she keeps moving forward and doesn't dwell on it all as much as you would think one would!
T-Too Compassionate
H-Helpful - she is always willing to be there for you and help you out whenever she can!
E-Excellent Cook!
R-Reader - she loves to read!

2. my Mom - She truly reflects and shows an unbelievable amount of grace, mercy and compassion - almost too much - she shows a great example of the grace, mercy and compassion that Jesus shows to us.

my mother-in-law - Jill is always teaching, especially sharing her faith and Bible stories/truths to her kids, to her church kids, and now to her grandkids! She lives out Deuteronomy 6.

3. knowing my kids' ages...I would hope they would say either loving or caring!

(Ivy said...that "I love them"...Owen said that "he loves to give his Mommy and Daddy hugs"...Letty said that "I go downstairs.")

Hope your mother's day was fun and memorable for all of you!
Kim

Jill said...

M-Memory-My mom was always telling us
about her growing up years. This is one way we got to know our grandpa who passed away when I was 3. My uncles and aunts on both sides of the family would always say if you want to know anything ask Alice she remembers everything!

O-Outstanding cook-I loved her roast beef dinners, potato salad and coconut pies. She could not go to a church meal or family reunion without the coconut pie! Warm cinnamon rolls were a a favorite!

T-Teacher-Mom spent years teaching
Sunday School. From kids to adults.
She would encourage me when I felt
discouraged with teaching.

H-Hospitable-Mom was generous and welcoming to anyone who came through the door. The coffee would go on and some snack if not a meal would come out. Many times she opened her home to guest speakers or she would host a party for her
Sunday School class.

E-Earnest-Mom was very serious and
zealous about her time spent with God, whether in Bible reading or prayer.

R-Resourceful-Whether it was in preparing a meal out of nothing or
fixing something at home.

2. My mom-I really admire my mom mostly for her gift of hospitality.
The welcoming spirit people could sense when they would enter her door. She always seemed comfortable in conversation. I also admire her for the love she had for my dad through their 47 years. I also admire her for going on even though she grieved for my dad and brother when they passed away.

mom-in-law-Talk about an example of Jesus. She is one of the most merciful, compassionate, loving and
patient ladies I have ever known. She is an example of the Proverbs 31 woman!

3.The words I think I would hope to hear from my sons would be encouraging or supportive or caring. I did throw the question out to my sons! Haven't heard from them!!