She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms.
~Proverbs 31:17
Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
~Nehemiah 8:10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.
~Ecclesiastes 9:10
Monday, May 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good morning, ladies.
I feel so invigorated after time in the Word. I'm off to do my morning "workout" chores before the kids get up. Hope you all get your hearts pumping today. For a sample chore "workout" click here. :)
http://www.lainesletters.com/letters/areyoureadytoworkout.html
Blessings
Sonja
What a morning in God's Word!
There were so many "rabbit trails" to go off on this morning (or perhaps that's just the way my mind works lately) and so many reminders to think on today. A couple of songs to keep me singing throughout the day came to mind as well...
Ivy kept singing "There's no god like Jehovah! There's no god like Jehovah!" all afternoon yesterday! I believe that will be another tune for us again today! And the "We come to lift up our hands for the Joy of the Lord is our strength" song... (I'm sure Sarah W. could rattle off the title of the song) :)
I must say that I have been doing fairly well at doing push-ups every morning - not a lot but enough! BUT, yesterday afternoon, our family scrubbed down our front porch, and this morning, I can feel it in my arms! There's something to be said about housework and a workout! Unfortunately, sometimes, I find myself getting caught up in the distractions around me (kids and playing with them which is a WELCOMED distraction, time factors and restraints, light sleepers, etc.) to get all of my work in. I find this as an area that the Lord is challenging me in right now (that delicate balance of getting it all done), and I want to embrace the challenge with joy and an attitude and focus of having my work be worthy of God's glory and praise. In other words, I want to ask myself...Am I working for my own self, or am I working in a way that God my Father would be proud of and want to take glory in my work and my efforts? That's where we ultimately find our strength and as a result are strengthened in the process!
Then, there was the passage in Nehemiah! BUT that's all I have time to share! Sometimes, I wish this study was one that we would all meet and talk about what we've been learning as I'm sure we only type a little snippet of all of the things God specificially teaches us. I know how much I'm learning that's too long to type out...I can't imagine what you all have been learning and so much we can learn from each other! Praise God that He is using our time with Him to teach us and shape us into who He wants us to be!
Have a great day, ladies!
Kim
After I read the first verse I sort of chuckled to myself. I can picture this woman with nicely toned arms. I am very envious of that. I know if I work hard like doing push-ups every morning (Good job Kim!) I can achieve that, but I lack motivation. Lord I not only pray for my outward strength but my inner strength as well. Help me to be energized, joyful and have a right attitude. For my strength comes from you!
Hi Ladies!
Kim the two songs were "Days of Elijah" and " Holy is the Lord" :) I love how that last passage reminds us that no work that we do is for ourselves or for humans. It is all for God! and when things dont go our way, or life is not fair, these things are tough, but they are a little easier because we can remember that we serve a good God. Good night everyone!
Post a Comment