This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. ~Psalms 118:24
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:13
4 comments:
Sarah W.
said...
Thank you God for this day. Do I desire to rejoice even when I dont want to? When I am having a rough day? (sure didnt feel the best yesterday) When things are not going as planned or my way? I do desire this Lord, even if I dont always! I want to rejoice each day that you give me to do your will.
When we think of doing "all things" through Christ, I really like the way my study bible put it, we think we can be this "superwoman" type figure :) But God wants us to live within his will - and He will give us the strength to do that! And even enough to face all the challenges that go with it!
Let us rejoice in Him today!!!! Have a great day ladies!
I pray that we all have this attitude every day even when we have our bad days. When a negative thought or feeling comes along let us look to you Lord and meditate on these verses. May be all rejoice in the Lord today!
I'm singing 2 more songs today...can you guess which ones they are??? :) (Sonja may be the only one who knows the Philippians 4:13 song - the one from VBS one year...remember it?? I may or may not even remember some of the hand motions to the songs too! ;)
More than anything though, I don't want to just sing those songs, I want them to ring true in my heart, my mind, my soul, my life! I want the songs-these verses...the Lord-to be my life! I want to truly rejoice in every day that the Lord gives me... each.and.every.day... especially the hard ones because it is so hard to find joy in them in those moments. When we are able to rejoice in them I think that is where Christ's strength within us shows itself the most. I want to rejoice in being able to step a foot out of bed in the morning...I want to rejoice in the bed we even have to sleep in...I want to rejoice in getting to spend my days with our kids and giving them the time, attention, and devotion that they require...I want to rejoice in the moment my daughter taught me a lesson yesterday (definitely not a pleasant time for me)...I want to rejoice at the rain and the rainy days of life...I want to truly rejoice in the food that we have to eat...(I think you get the point!) I want to praise Him and thank Him in all things every day!
I know I can't do that on my own...I need to face each day knowing that Christ is in my life strengthening me and teaching me through each and every moment of the day....I want that to bring joy to my life every day!
I read this morning that when we are having a bad day, pray and tell God about it, and somehow through His power the Lord will turn your complaints into rejoicing and thanksgiving to Him! (I know too well that this is easier said than done but through Christ we really can do all things!)
Lord, thank You for these verses, for this study, for this day, for these encouraging ladies, for each of the days You give me, for Your strength. Lord, hear my heart's cry!
Enjoy this day and every day, ladies! Kim
Sorry for the novel again, ladies. And sorry for the random thoughts/comments yesterday...I just re-read them this morning.
Today after attending my aunt's funeral we came home to a flooded basement. Did I feel like rejoicing....I don't think so! However, as we started cleaning up and I asked the Lord to help us because we were so exhausted after traveling over a thousand miles and going to the funeral. He was so faithful and I did begin to rejoice just at the fact that He energized us and it was done so easily. We could not have done it without His help. Just knowing the Lord is there in our trouble times is a reason for rejoicing.
4 comments:
Thank you God for this day. Do I desire to rejoice even when I dont want to? When I am having a rough day? (sure didnt feel the best yesterday) When things are not going as planned or my way? I do desire this Lord, even if I dont always! I want to rejoice each day that you give me to do your will.
When we think of doing "all things" through Christ, I really like the way my study bible put it, we think we can be this "superwoman" type figure :) But God wants us to live within his will - and He will give us the strength to do that! And even enough to face all the challenges that go with it!
Let us rejoice in Him today!!!! Have a great day ladies!
I pray that we all have this attitude every day even when we have our bad days. When a negative thought or feeling comes along let us look to you Lord and meditate on these verses. May be all rejoice in the Lord today!
I'm singing 2 more songs today...can you guess which ones they are??? :) (Sonja may be the only one who knows the Philippians 4:13 song - the one from VBS one year...remember it?? I may or may not even remember some of the hand motions to the songs too! ;)
More than anything though, I don't want to just sing those songs, I want them to ring true in my heart, my mind, my soul, my life! I want the songs-these verses...the Lord-to be my life! I want to truly rejoice in every day that the Lord gives me...
each.and.every.day...
especially the hard ones because it is so hard to find joy in them in those moments. When we are able to rejoice in them I think that is where Christ's strength within us shows itself the most. I want to rejoice in being able to step a foot out of bed in the morning...I want to rejoice in the bed we even have to sleep in...I want to rejoice in getting to spend my days with our kids and giving them the time, attention, and devotion that they require...I want to rejoice in the moment my daughter taught me a lesson yesterday (definitely not a pleasant time for me)...I want to rejoice at the rain and the rainy days of life...I want to truly rejoice in the food that we have to eat...(I think you get the point!) I want to praise Him and thank Him in all things every day!
I know I can't do that on my own...I need to face each day knowing that Christ is in my life strengthening me and teaching me through each and every moment of the day....I want that to bring joy to my life every day!
I read this morning that when we are having a bad day, pray and tell God about it, and somehow through His power the Lord will turn your complaints into rejoicing and thanksgiving to Him! (I know too well that this is easier said than done but through Christ we really can do all things!)
Lord, thank You for these verses, for this study, for this day, for these encouraging ladies, for each of the days You give me, for Your strength. Lord, hear my heart's cry!
Enjoy this day and every day, ladies!
Kim
Sorry for the novel again, ladies. And sorry for the random thoughts/comments yesterday...I just re-read them this morning.
This is quite the scripture for today.
Today after attending my aunt's funeral we came home to a flooded
basement. Did I feel like rejoicing....I don't think so! However, as we started cleaning up and I asked the Lord to help us because we were so exhausted after traveling over a thousand miles and going to the funeral. He was so faithful and I did begin to rejoice just at the fact that He energized us and it was done so easily. We could not have done it without His
help. Just knowing the Lord is there in our trouble times is a reason for rejoicing.
Post a Comment