Friday, May 25, 2012

Proverbs 31:19

She stretches out her hands to the distaff, and her hand holds the spindle.

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

I admit when I first read this verse I was not sure what I was going to get out of it. But of course God used it to show me what He wanted me to see today! I looked up the words distaff & spindle and it lead me to a page on spinning. From reading this, I was reminded that spinning was something that was done in every household until the industrial revolution! So this worthy woman was doing what needed to be done in her household to keep it running smoothly! I know I desire to be able to keep my home running smoothly. I used to really struggle with this earlier in my marriage because I was raised with non-christian parents who instilled this extreme independence in me, and I was an only child. I frequently would choose what I wanted to do over what needed to be done in our home. I think I have come to more of a balance now. God has shown me the importance of keeping things going in our home, but also continuing to go after my passions for Him. Thank you God for continuing to mold me into who you want me to be each day!!!

Jill said...

Okay from reading Sarah W's post it
greatly reminds me to get my list out and get working! I need to find balance so home and life will run more smoothly.

I was going to look up distaff and spinning. I realize what spinning is in this verse but also I get another picture in my mind. The new exercise called "spinning". I feel like I am just spinning and getting
no where. I need to begin to accomplish that haunting list!!

Father, motivate me, move me and fill me with Your strength, that I may find balance and purpose in our home.