Sunday, May 6, 2012

sunday's questions

Here are today's questions:

1.  Name 3 of your favorite PINK things.

2.  What are three of your favorite meals someone has ever made for you?

3.  What is one of your favorite things you have ever received in the mail?

4.  Since being married, what is one thing that has surprised you about marriage?  One thing that you consider to be easy in your marriage?  One thing that you feel is or has been hard about your marriage?

Enjoy this day - may you be refreshed, replenished, and rested ready for a new week.

4 comments:

Mrs. Gray said...

Three pink things...I am not really a pink girl, so this might be a stretch :-) I like cotton candy, baby pigs, and pink starburst candy.

Grilled cheese...yum! Rissoto balls, And corn chowder...this was a hard one.

I loved care packages in college... They were the best.

A marriage surprise was how hard it was for me to sleep at first with another person in the bed.

Something that is easy is always wanting to spend time together. We tend to cut into our productivity because we are fine just hanging out.

Harvest and planting seasons have been difficult. We are both stressed and tired and don't get to see each other very much. It is also hard for me to be alone in the summer, even though I work I am less busy and get frustrated when I know how close Justin is, but can't see him or hang out with him.

kim said...

1. 3 favorite pink things - 1) the pink coloring of skin especially of Nate's face/cheeks and the kids' cheeks after he's/they've been working hard and playing hard outside and the coloring of a newborn baby!; 2) the pink that's associated with having girls and the pretty and darling way our two girls look in pink; and 3) a pink tie that Nathan has that serves as a reminder of so many things but especially reminders of great sorrow, great joy, and a deep friendship (Ivy's favorite pink things - her pink guitar, the color pink, and Pinkalicious)

2. Honestly, there have been soooo many great meals prepared for my family by soooo many great cooks...since we have to choose 3 I would say...1) Nathan's lasagna (it's always so special when Nathan cooks!); 2) a meal we call Joe's Meal (it was originally prepared by a trooper friend named Joe for Nathan and me - hence the name Joe's Meal but it has chicken, brocolli, mushrooms, noodles, and alfredo sauce); and 3) a tie between homemade peanut butter cinnamon rolls that Gram made or Gram's hamburgers, potato fritters, and milkshakes (anything Gram made was great!) (honorable mention: my Mom's chili and tacos/taco salad - they are very much treats for me as I never make them since I'm the only one who would eat them in this house and Jill's sloppy joes)

3. so many great things have come to us in the mail, especially all of the letters from friends who moved away in my childhood or care packages in college and nowadays all of the cards, notes, and packages we get from family and friends, but I think my favorite thing I ever received in the mail were all of the letters Nathan sent to me during our college years.

4. surprised me - that in the first few years of marriage, Nathan could put his dirty clothes in a pile but he couldn't put his dirty clothes into the laundry hamper even if I put the hamper right where his dirty clothes pile was! :) (we've worked through this one many times, and it's been resolved) ;)
easy - seeing and knowing that Nathan loves me no matter what!
hard - communicating

See you in the morning, ladies!
Kim

Sarah W. said...

Three pink things : 1. pink baby clothes!!! 2. anything hot pink (such a happy color)- I have hot pink shirts and a bag 3. pink baby cheeks (can you tell I am getting ready for baby ??)

ben makes great stir-fry :), meatballs from my aunt in ohio, slovak cookies- my moms side of the family made hundreds of these for our wedding!

getting baby clothes recently in the mail has been the best!!!

marriage surprise- having to let go of some of my independence (especially being an only child) easy- having that best friend with me who is always there for me!!! hard- having to make uncomfortable decisions that are sometimes better for the other person but not always for you.

Jill said...

1. 3 favorite pink things:
strawberry ice cream
my pink honeysuckle bush
pink rose buds (reminds me of a
new baby)

2. Great meals: (so hard to just
pick three)
mom's roast beef dinner
mom's hot slaw with mashed
potatoes and pork chops
hamburgers and french fries

3. Received in the mail:
Receiving cards etc. from the
grandkids which is a given.
I received an Irish Belleek vase
from an Irish passenger I met on
a Jet Blue flight.
Nathan sent me a note telling me
how proud he was of me while I
was on my weight loss program

4. Marriage:
surprise: that was too long ago
but it is a surprise to find
how quickly the years have
passed. We are growing old
together.
easy: It is so easy to trust one
another and to be able to share
all my thoughts with Arlyn.
hard: after all these years
where did the romance go? It is
so hard to revive it.