Friday, February 3, 2012

Ephesians 2:10

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the song, Kim, it was beautiful. I couldn't get over the word WORKMANSHIP today. My study Bible said in the Greek it can refer to a work of art. WOW! We are God's work of art. Could we even go as far as to say we are God's MASTERPIECE? I had a great time pondering all the implications that go with this analogy. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Blessings
Sonja

kim said...

I too was drawn to the word workmanship! Lately, I have been remembering phrases that my dad (earthly dad) used to say to us as we grew up. He would remark (in his gruff and joking voice of his) that a person is a "piece of work". Although most times he meant it in a negative way I think, I couldn't stop smiling and thinking about that. I am the Lord's piece of work, and what a "piece of work" I am! I'm thankful that God is still working on this "piece of work". I also enjoyed imagining what being a "piece of work" looks like...I envisioned the Lord as the Potter and myself being clay and He works me and molds me and shapes into who or what He wants me to be for Him at a particular time...perhaps one day a bowl to hold something in or up, then another day a vase for flowers to offer encouragement, and yet another day a plate for something to rest on...and eventually when He takes me Home I will be (as Sonja said it) HIS masterpiece! The point for me is that He is doing the work in me and through me. The works He uses me for are a result of His salvation, and any good that comes out of this "piece of work" is for God's glory and are a part of God's plan! Lord, here I am... continue to mold me, shape me, refine me, and use me for Your glory and for Your good!
Thanks for a great week, Ladies! You have held me accountable more than you will ever know!
Love to all of you,
Kim :)

Sarah W. said...

Hello Ladies~ I too had similar thoughts, focusing on on the word Workmanship and that it means that we are God's works of art. I then thought that not only do we need to treat ourselves like this, but that all people are created by God and are his masterpieces no matter where they are (close or further from walking with the Lord). Therefore we must live our lives with thought and care (for ourselves & others) because we are doing His work!!

Mrs. Gray said...

It is such a blessing to be God's workmanship. I love that God prepared me perfectly for every situation, whether I recognize it or not. He knows my purpose and path. I am so thankful that he is in control, not me:) It is so easy to dwell on our own flaws and struggles. This verse helps to realign my focus on God's purpose for my life, not the world's view of what my life should be like.I pray that we will all be able to view God's amazing workmanship in ourselves and the others around us.