Good morning everyone! I just love this verse. So often I think I put Christ in a box, a nicely wrapped and lovely box but separated from things...and I don't even realize it most of the time. I like that Paul says that we may have the 'power to grasp' how big Christ's love can be in our lives, and how all-encompassing. My prayer is that I allow God to expand in my life and let him get outside the box! Hope you all are having a good week!
The verse begins with may be able to comprehend(understand). In Latin means "to grasp". In English "mentally grasping something". When I read verse 18 I understand what Paul is saying...but...deep in my heart do I really get it?
When I read the word breadth (width) the picture of Jesus stretching out HIS arms on the cross this shows me how far He was willing to go to show me HIS love (this is the length and depth). I need to totally grasp this thought and hang on.
Is this one of those truths that is so wonderful that to grasp the whole meaning is impossible.
2 comments:
Good morning everyone! I just love this verse. So often I think I put Christ in a box, a nicely wrapped and lovely box but separated from things...and I don't even realize it most of the time. I like that Paul says that we may have the 'power to grasp' how big Christ's love can be in our lives, and how all-encompassing. My prayer is that I allow God to expand in my life and let him get outside the box! Hope you all are having a good week!
Brienne
The verse begins with may be able to comprehend(understand). In Latin means "to grasp". In English "mentally grasping something". When I read verse 18 I understand what Paul is saying...but...deep in my heart do I really get it?
When I read the word breadth (width) the picture of Jesus stretching out HIS arms on the cross this shows me how far He was willing to go to show me HIS love (this is the length and depth). I need to totally grasp this thought and hang on.
Is this one of those truths that is so wonderful that to grasp the whole meaning is impossible.
Post a Comment