Sunday, February 12, 2012

valentine's questions

To get our minds ready for Valentine's Day (it's this Tuesday, you know!) and since we are all married, I thought we could share a little about our love life!  (*gasp here*)  Oooooooooooo!  (BUT, don't worry, we won't get that personal!)  he he!

1.  Tell us about your very first date with your now husband.

2.  What are your 3 favorite romance (love story) movies?

3.  What is one of the nicest things your husband has ever done or does do for you?

4.  Describe a perfect date.  (Date as in what you would like to do or where you would like to go with your husband in a romantic sort of way, not like the "blond joke" (which by the way I don't like one bit!) :) where you describe a guy or think of a specific date on the calendar.)  ;)

I couldn't decide which 3 questions out of the 4 I thought of to post so I'm asking all 4 questions!  Have fun! 


Hope you all are having a great day of worship and rest with the Lord, enjoying your families, and/or catching up from this past week!

Catch you all tomorrow!

6 comments:

Brienne said...

Fun questions, Kim!i hope to answer them later tonight. Right now I just wanted to say I just got the chance to read a little and go through everyone's comments for the week. I'm sitting in the chicago airport on my way back from a work conference so I haven't been able to keep up. I just wanted to let you know that even when I can't keep up it is awesome to read all your commentsand be encouraged all over again. Thank you for all your insight and I praise God for placing each of you in this group to encourage us along. More later when I get home!

the zipfs said...

Am I the first to dare answer these questions??? :) At least I know Brienne is going to join me in revealing a little bit about her "love life". :)

1. Nathan's and my first date - wow! well, first of all I wasn't allowed to "date"/go out with a boy until I was 16 but since my birthday was in August and all of my other friends were allowed to "date" and I had been friends or my parents had known him for over a year before this, I was granted special permission to go out with Nate and a neighbor friend (considered his pretend half brother) of his (Kevin) a couple of months before my 16th birthday. We went to the movies and watched the movie "The Big Green" (it was a soccer movie, go figure - ever seen it?) Well, what made this date so fun and memorable was that at the very end of the movie, this little kids team was going up against a bigger and better team...the game ended in a tie and the game came down to penalty kicks and of course came to the last penatly kick to win the game. Well, it was the scrawniest, littlest kid on the team that had to do the last kick. The kid's name was Newt! Well, of course, Newt kicked the ball and scored the goal and won the game! BUT, what I didn't see coming was right after Newt scored the goal, Nate stood up in the middle of the theater and shouted, "GOOOO, NEWT!" Kevin (he was about 6 foot something tall) shrunk so low in his seat that he probably looked about my size!:-) So fun! That's who I married! (what ever happened to that fun-loving, crazy, non-serious guy? hmmmm... I seem to only see him again when we really get away!)
OK, sorry for the long story!

2. 3 love storyish movies:
- The Magic of Ordinary Days
- You've Got Mail
- A Beautiful Mind (not really a typical love story, but I love the beauty and love of the wife standing by and supporting her husband through some very serious medical issues - really makes you think about that vow of "loving in sickness and in health")

3. This was a hard one as Nathan does so many nice things...sometimes it's hard for me to recognize a lot of them...(I guess it's my self-centeredness coming out of me. Anybody else have that problem?) Could it be the bathrooms that he is cleaning RIGHT NOW without me even asking him to do so!?! certainly tops the list! But, I think what's really nice is that he recognizes when I am stressed and just need a break and he encourages me to get out of the house or he will take the kids and go to give me some alone time or just give me a HUGE hug almost as to say "we're in this together"...again without me coming out and asking! (I'm horrible at asking anyone to do anything for me, Nate included! Do I need to work on my pride and humility?)

4. my perfect date - anywhere with Nathan without any distractions...kids, messy home/house stuff, Blackberry, cell phone...and we can just talk, and a bonus if we're outside or see beautiful scenery! I've grown to love tandem biking with him!

Hope your day is a good one and that you are ready to face the week ahead!
Kim

Jill said...

Arlyn was in the Navy so we did not have the normal dating life. I even asked him today what did we do on our first date...when was our first date...neither one of us remembers but....here we are...in August it will be 40 years!!

Movies: The Magic of Ordinary Days
Fiddler on the Roof
Little Women (watching Jo
and her sisters finding
their true loves...the very
last scene I love)

Arlyn does so many things for me:
Emptying the dish washer (this is a
big thing), vacuuming and rubbing my feet with lotion.

I would say, I had a perfect date on my last birthday. It was a super rainy night and we went to a really nice restaurant (Mary's Place...which has a lot of character).Our table was right by the window where we could enjoy the rain falling, candle on the table, instrumental music and a delicious meal. We were alone in the room and we actually talked and made plans and then my cake came out with fireworks! What a treat...I did not want the night to end. This is a date I would like to repeat.

Brienne said...

Ok as promised!

1. Andy and I have a little friendly debate about what actually constituted our first date. We had an unplanned 'date' on his birthday when it was supposed to be me joining him and a bunch of friends as I was trying to get to know people when I was up here on an internship. (Andy and I worked together). Well, he had decided that the friends he was with and their rugby team friends were not the best for a girl he wanted to impress (my words!). So it ended up being just the two of us for dinner at the Moat and he paid...making it a date in my book! After that he asked me on a 'real' date that he says counts because he had to ask and he picked me up, etc. We drove over to Portland and raced go-karts...very fun!

2. Movies: hmmm...this is a hard one. You've Got Mail is a cute one, always love Meg Ryan for some reason. 13 Going on 30, does that count as a love movie? and...Hitch. Is it bad that I had to look over at the DVDs under the TV to remember these?

3. Another tough questions. Andy does so many nice things as well. He really takes care of the house so wonderfully, doing things that I would never even realize had to be done. He cleans my car off of snow before he goes to work, shovels or snow blows the driveway, goes to the dump, helps make dinner when he gets home early enough. It's all the little things that we forget sometimes that are really the nicest. Great question Kim.

4. I think I'm going to steal Kim's idea of being outside. Maybe packing a picnic on a beautiful day and hiking or biking to get somewhere where the scenery is gorgeous and it's crowd-free. Right now somewhere with warmth and sunshine sounds lovely.

Steph said...

It's neat to read everyone's answers! Good questions Kim!

1. I do not remember our first date! We were at Bible College and had no means of transportation. We spent hours walking the campus and talking, playing basketball, and studying together.
2. Let's see...movies. I watched Green Card about a million times with my Mom when I was in high school and while I only remember the basic idea of the movie it still stands out in my mind of one of my favorite love story movies. The next one is definetly Braveheart, and then I can't decide on my third, so, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Ever After or the Princess Bride are the other ones I love!
3. Nice things Shannon does for me...there are so many, I will just put some of my favorites! :) It is always nice when he plays with the kids so I can get some alone time, usually just to read in my bedroom! And he goes shopping for me all the time. He suprises me with some of my favorite chocolate. Oh, and when he vaccuums the stairs.
4. I am going to agree with Kim...anywhere we get to be alone and relax! I think it would include a simple, yummy picnic, a hike, and good conversation (UMMM, no work talk!! :) )

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Anonymous said...

Ok Finally answering these questions now. Our first date was a Red Sox game. Can't remember anything about the game but ask Ryan and he can tell you who pitched who had a home run things like that.
2. The movies would be a Walk to remember, The Notebook, Princess Bride and Dear John.
3. I love how Ryan makes us dinner on his days off. It's such a nice break for me. Back rubs are always nice too.
4. A perfect date would be dinner at the White Mountain Apple Cider Company. We love that place. Or a nice drive somewhere where we can just talk without disruptions.