skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ephesians 2:6-7
...and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
5 comments:
I wanted to share with you, my sisters, an exciting example of the power of prayer. God's hand at wwork in our lives, humbles me incredibly. Who am I, this seemingly insignificant little ant of a person down here on earth. And yet God shows again and again that he works in the lives of each and every "little ant." This study time has rekindled my focused prayer time with the Lord. If I don't write my thoughts and prayers down to the Lord, then my prayers get distrated with the next task I need to complete. The last 3 days I have been seriously praying for a few neighbors by name and for opportuinities to start slowly sharing Christ with them through maybe inviting them to church. I admitted to God my lack of boldness to bring the subject up and how he was so much more powerful and how I needed his help! AMEN! Well, ladies, yesterday afternoon God made it happen. A mom that I see every day at the bus stop in the morning, came up to me in the driveway in the afternoon. God used the recent loss of our baby to start conversation about God and church. She brought it up! Her boys were standing there with us and she admitted that the boys often have questions about God and that the boys ahve been curious about what church is like. We talked for 10-15 minutes. It was awesome! God hears our prayers and answers them! Thank you, Lord!
May you all be blessed by hid "incredible riches" today!
Sonja
Praise God for answered prayer! What a way to wake in the morning reading of God at work in a little ant's life! So encouraging!
Lord, You are incredibly kind and loving. You give us mercy and grace! Am I a reflection of Your kindness, Your love, Your mercy, and Your grace to those around me?
Lord, I pray for each of my sisters today. I lift up their relationships with You, their marriages, their roles in their homes and/or as mothers, their husbands, their kids, their jobs, their ministries, their encounters with all around them...may we reflect who You are and may You use us to do Your work! Lord, help Brienne at her work and home and through the rest of the week and the hecticness that comes toward the end of the week. Lord, I lift up Sarah W. and her and her baby's health and all that she deals with on a daily basis being in ministry. Lord, I pray for Sonja and Errin in their realms of their home and any encounters they may have throughout the day either around home, around town, on the phone, wherever... Lord, be with Sarah G. and her work at school with those impressionable k-kids and ALL that she has to do for her graduate work (help her to stay awake and aware as she writes papers and reads and reads and reads). Lord, show all of these ladies the strength, the energy, the boldness, the grace, the love, everything they need and that You give today! And,Lord, I pray for any other ladies perhaps studying and following along with us - meet these ladies where they are and bring encouragment to them today. Amen.
Thank you Sonja and Kim for sharing some of yourselves this morning. How awesome to see how God can work when we let him in more and more. I pray that this study helps me continue to let God in and to be more of a part of my day to day existence and not just these 15 minutes a day I hope to focus on Him. And Sonja, I totally understand the distractions while trying to pray! I'm going to try your tactic of writing things down more often...I have to do it with everything else, why shouldn't I with prayers!
I hope you all have a chance to see God at work today...I think I have already just by this time shared this morning!
Brienne
You ladies are so encouraging. What a blessing to be part of this group.
It's indescribable to think what it's going to be like to sit with Christ in heaven. To be fellow shipping with Him up in heaven brings a smile to my face:) How I can't wait for that day!
So I am a day late.. but the word together stuck out to me. After reading your prayers and blessings, it really has been great to be doing this together.It is wonderful encouragement to praise God together.
Post a Comment