Monday, February 20, 2012

Ephesians 3:14-15

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord help me to get on my knees more when I come to you. I remember doing it when I was a little girl kneeling beside by bed in prayer, why don't I do it now? You are so deserving and I need to come to you wholeheartedly giving everything I have. I am so humbled by your majesty and glory. Give me an attitude of submission and passion. Amen.

Mrs. Gray said...

While I was reading this, I was thinking about vs. 12 we may approach God with freedom and confidence... and that alone should make me fall down to my knees.Why don't I do it more often, like Errin said. It can be so easy at times to be selfish when coming to God and pray for things that just regard me. This verse had me reflecting on bowing to me knees not only for myself, but also for others and for your prayer requests.

Jill said...

After our busy Christmas celebration I am trying to catch up.

I could relate to what Errin was sharing about bowing down to pray.

The phrase "I bow my knees unto the Father". I am afraid I also am guilty of not bowing my knees when I come before the Father. In my heart I want to think I am bowing. WHEN AND WHY DID I STOP BOWING MY KNEES? Different times I felt the nudge and conviction from the Holy Spirit...but...I didn't do it! Is this being stiff necked or just plain disobedient?

Father , please forgive me for my failure to bow. In my mind I picture those bowing to Royalty and yet Father You are so much greater and deserve so much reverence. Please continue to speak with me on this matter.

One day ALL knees shall bow! I want to bow now freely.