...in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Thank you, everyone for your comments yesterday. I'm glad we all were thinking similarly. Kim, I have been praying for you all ever since I saw Ivy at school yesterday. I knew something was wrong. Don't know exactly how to pray for this situation, but the Lord knows. Today's simple verses were sooooo difficult for me. They forced me to verbalize (during prayer time) a struggle I have been having with the Lord. I was ashamed of my fear when looking at Paul's words while in prison. He gladly faces discomfort, lack of freedom, embarassment in order to do the will of God. His pure trust made me weep this morning. Forgive me Lord. I still struggle though I know what I must do. Help me, Lord, to overcome this fear.
Today the two things that stuck out to me was the direct access to this amazing God through prayer and the fact that Paul truly did see his trials as joy, because he saw the bigger picture. He recognized that it didn't matter that he was in jail, because so many of the Ephesians had come to know Jesus! I feel like I am getting here...for example, my husband and I are down to one car because the transmission went on his 88' Jeep, but for the most part I feel like I am finally at a place where I just take it in stride (took me a while). But, how cool that we can take anything and everything to our God in prayer. So ladies...heres to being joyful (as much as we can) through the trials. PS- sorry I havent commented lately I have had a cold for 2 weeks and I am working at the day care at my church so its taken over my life for the moment. :) Been reading along with you guys though!!!
Through our study I am seeing Paul perhaps in a deeper way (NOT SURE IF THAT IS HOW I WANT TO SAY THAT BUT I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)
Okay, so here is Paul in prison and full of JOY for the believers, continuing to spread the gospel with others in prison and encouraging the believers not to focus and lose heart with his tribulation but Paul wants them to focus on the ONE whom we serve and reminds us that we can have confidence in that ONE.
I pray that I will put into practice boldness in standing and speaking for Jesus our Lord. I want to rely on the fact that I can have confidence.
3 comments:
Thank you, everyone for your comments yesterday. I'm glad we all were thinking similarly. Kim, I have been praying for you all ever since I saw Ivy at school yesterday. I knew something was wrong. Don't know exactly how to pray for this situation, but the Lord knows.
Today's simple verses were sooooo difficult for me. They forced me to verbalize (during prayer time) a struggle I have been having with the Lord. I was ashamed of my fear when looking at Paul's words while in prison. He gladly faces discomfort, lack of freedom, embarassment in order to do the will of God. His pure trust made me weep this morning. Forgive me Lord. I still struggle though I know what I must do. Help me, Lord, to overcome this fear.
Today the two things that stuck out to me was the direct access to this amazing God through prayer and the fact that Paul truly did see his trials as joy, because he saw the bigger picture. He recognized that it didn't matter that he was in jail, because so many of the Ephesians had come to know Jesus! I feel like I am getting here...for example, my husband and I are down to one car because the transmission went on his 88' Jeep, but for the most part I feel like I am finally at a place where I just take it in stride (took me a while). But, how cool that we can take anything and everything to our God in prayer. So ladies...heres to being joyful (as much as we can) through the trials.
PS- sorry I havent commented lately I have had a cold for 2 weeks and I am working at the day care at my church so its taken over my life for the moment. :) Been reading along with you guys though!!!
Through our study I am seeing Paul perhaps in a deeper way (NOT SURE IF THAT IS HOW I WANT TO SAY THAT BUT I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)
Okay, so here is Paul in prison and full of JOY for the believers, continuing to spread the gospel with others in prison and encouraging the believers not to focus and lose heart with his tribulation but Paul wants them to focus on the ONE whom we serve and reminds us that we can have confidence in that ONE.
I pray that I will put into practice boldness in standing and speaking for Jesus our Lord. I want to rely on the fact that I can
have confidence.
Post a Comment