Sunday, February 19, 2012

vacation questions

Since it is the start of vacation week for most of the schools here in New England and since my family and I are actually ON vacation (FINALLY), I thought I would ask a few vacation-y questions!
1.  If you could go anywhere (all expenses paid, of course) in the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii) to visit/vacation, where would it be and/or what would you like to do?  (pick up to 3 places)
2.  What 3 places in the United States would you care less if you ever got to visit?
3.  By what means would you rather travel...walking, bicycle, car, train, bus, boat, or plane?
4.  What 3 things can we ladies be regularly praying for you about?  (If there is something too personal that you simply do not want to write it here, you can just refer to it as an "unspoken request."  We don't have to know!  God will know about it as we pray for you!)

Thank you everybody for your prayers and concern and offers to take care of my family in our time of sickness and just not knowing what to do.  We truly are blessed to have all of you in our lives and to call all of you friends!

I hope you all are enjoying a time of rest today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the vacation has begun for the Zipf family! :) Now we will pray for continued health for ALL members of the family. Great questions again this week, Kim.
1) All expense paid trip: our dream vacation would be a VERY long trip across the US in an RV visiting every state and stopping for historical locations and landmarks. Homeschooling along the way, of course. :)
2) I can't think of 3 places I don't want to visit unless it would be gang-ridden inner city dangerous areas.
3) Mode of travel - RV of course. :)
4) 3 things to pray about: First, the thing I have been facing this week. I guess it could be summed up as absolute and complete sold-out trust and faith in God's control over my life.
Second, patience and wisdom while schooling our kids. Third, more time spent with my husband.
Hope everyone has a great week. Some of you are on vacation this whole week! Enjoy! May it be restful and fun.
Sonja

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a great vacation Kim!
1. Ryan and I have always talked about someday going to Montana and Colorado. And I guess Florida just for the Kids.
2. The only real place I can say that I wouldn't care if I never visited would be Las Vegas.
3. We would have to travel by car because I am extremely afraid of flying.
4. I definitely need prayer in patience this week. New puppies are a lot of work:)
Quality time spent with my husband. We really need to get out just the two of us.

Have a great week everyone!

Mrs. Gray said...

1. Probably Alaska ( we have both been, but not together), Hawaii, since it is kinda like the American New Zealand, and Washington state... I want to catch a fish at the fish market.
2.Texas, The Dakotas, and Louisiana.
3. I am a boat girl... kayak or motor or cruise.. I like them all.
4.Prayer for patience with life in general and trusting in God's timing. Time management with school (kindergarten) as well as my masters program, time with the Lord and taking care of all the normal day to day things.

kim said...

Hi, all! We arrived to all of our places to visit safely and (for the most part) healthy. Thank you to everyone for praying for our safety and for our trip in general. It is so much appreciated!

1. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore and the Badlands.
I would love to see and hike through the Grand Canyon.
I want to go back to Washington D.C. to see all of the monuments, museums, and such (I didn't quite appreciate it as much in 9th grade as I would today!).
I would love to see the huge redwoods in Northern California.
I would love to go to Alaska, too.
AND, I would love to go back to see the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.
(sorry, I couldn't pick just 3 places!)
2. I wouldn't choose to visit MOST cities if I didn't have to but especially New Orleans, Las Vegas, L.A., Chicago. And, I don't like beachy, sandy, hot/humid spots.
3. I would travel any which way it takes to get away but bus probably would be my least favorite.
4. besides praying for my marriage, my husband, and my family and all of those dynamics...
right now...wisdom and boldness in speaking and reaching out to my siblings AND direction and wisdom in outreach AND to not cut God out of my vacation!

Hope you all are having a great week!
Kim