Thursday, March 1, 2012
Ephesians 4:11-13
And He Himself gave some to apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SNOW DAY!!!
Hope you all are blessed by this snow fall. What a wonderful start to the day. Marc has off (due to the ski day that would have happened if there was school). The early daycare kids are home with their families and the next arrival just called to say they would arrive at nine. I had extended devotions and talk time with my hubbie over breakfast. The kids slept in. I slept in. :) Thanks, Lord for these little pockets of blessings. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
The verses today (verse 12 particularly) reminded me of yesterday's topic regarding fellowship and unity even with those whom you don't share common convictions. Last night was a really cool opportunity to apply yesterday's blog. I showed up to a function with only 2 other ladies whom I wouldn't normally have much in common or much to talk about. Actually, I usually clam up around these ladies because I get uncomfortable when the topic of conversation always turns to gossip about other people. I was a little hesitant, but I was reminded about the blog and trusting that God might be calling me to break down my own walls that I may have constructed. It turned out to be a great night. Every time I shared a small part of something I do or feel strongly about (that I assumed was drastically different from how they felt), they reacted so positively. It turned out to be a nostalgic night as I seemed to remind them of their mothers who are long passed away. (Kinda weird age reversal as the ladies are twice my age) The night was nothing like I assumed it would be. Thank you, Lord for unexpected blessings.
Enjoy your day ladies
Sonja
As an only child, who is type A and has to work to not be so starkly independent, I really appreciated how this passage continues to push me out of my comfort zone. We all have various gifts to use for the Lord and to strengthen and encourage the Church and how boring would it be if they were all the same!!! We cannot build up the Church alone! We need each other so then we can fufill all of God's plans for us! I am going to quote something my study bible said because it was written so well "Together we can obey God more fully than we can alone, It is human tendency to overestimate what we can do alone and underestimate what we can do as a group" how true is this!!! Especially for those of use who are overachievers! :) We need to share the load together as a body. Have a great day everyone!!!!
Sonja, I enjoyed reading about your experience last night. I am glad you had a wonderful time of fellowship with those two ladies!
I feel the same way Sonja. It is hard for me to fellowship with other believers who I don't have anything in common with. I want to reach out to others and not build walls. Every Sunday at church I seem to talk to the same people. Lord help me to get out of my comfort zone and talk to those I don't know much. We are all unified as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Post a Comment