Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ephesians 5:25-27

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

4 comments:

the zipfs said...

I am so thankful for my husband, Nathan. He knows the good, the bad, and the ugly of who I am, what I am, and how I am, and YET he LOVES me! I know there are many days where it has been hard for Nathan to LOVE me but YET he STILL does! He gives me a picture and a reminder of Who Christ is and what He has done in my life and still loves me just the same.

Lord, I pray that I am the wife that You want me to be and that You have called me to be and that Nathan needs me to be. Lord, continue to work in my life and in my heart so that I make it easier for my husband to love me and forgive me when I mess up and I try to go at it all on my own power and strength.
I lift up all of my sisters here - I pray for Brienne, Errin, Jill, Sarah G., Sarah W., Sonja, and Steph. I pray for their marriages and their roles as wives. Lord, help our marriages be a reflection of Who You are to the world around us. Amen.

Enjoy the day, ladies!
Kim

kim said...

I forgot to tell everyone...the website that I got this study off of (www.goodmorninggirls.org) is hosting a giveaway of the book Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. If interested, you have to leave a comment on their Monday's post. You never know if you'll win or not!

Anonymous said...

Lord help me to be a good wife. I don't have what it takes to be one without your help. Take away my selfishness, impatience, and irritability and help me to be patient, kind, gentle and self controlled. I pray that our marriage will grow stronger and more passionate everyday.

Jill said...

I really have to say Arlyn loves me. So many times I cannot figure out why he loves me. I know he deserves so much better. I wonder about Jesus too. Why does He love me so? Arlyn is so selfless and sacrificial in loving me. Christ has given him the ability to love. How many times I have been convicted and had to apologize for my actions, words and reactions; yet, Arlyn still loves me!

I wonder is it because women are emotional beings and men go on facts? I don't know...maybe. Husbands do have a tough commandment to follow. Love your wife as Christ loves the church. Lord, help me to be submissive as Arlyn is the spiritual leader in our marriage. He is such a great example! Also, lease help me not be so selfish...