skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ephesians 6:5-6
Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,...
3 comments:
Hello ladies. It has been a while wince I have posted. But I have been able to do my study each morning. I am so blessed to have this study to keep me on track with my devotion times. I'm sad that we are almost finished with Ephesians. I hope we can roll over to another study right away - before we have time to get out of the habit. :)
I have to let you in on a secret. :) I absolutely love reading all of your Sunday responses. It's so great to learn how much we really are alike. Sometimes as a stay-home mom it is easy to feel like we are all alone in our homes. But hearing about everyone's real lives is wonderful. Thanks for sharing, everyone!
It has been so difficult to get computer time lately. When the weather got nice, every moment of the morning was dominated with cooking, so that we could spend the day outside digging up compost and dumping it in the garden and raking the pine needles off the grass and leaves out of the edges of the woods. Last year I composted the pine needles, leaves and our tons of veggie scraps. This is the first year I have TONS of finished compost to use everywhere. Free fertilizer!! In years past I have learned to do these things with diligence while the bugs have not yet hatched. Once the bugs come out my desire to play outside dwindles. :)
The only draw back to all that time outside--it is hard to find time to make all of those "from scratch" recipes. (Hence the lack of computer time)
With this beautiful snowy (bug killing) day, I have time to touch base with you all again. :)
Have a blessed day and week.
You are all in my prayers!
Sonja
Good to hear from you Sonja. I can't believe you guys are having snow! I hope it does kill some bugs!!!
These verses are rather easy to understand but applying them is the true test.
The Christian servants or slaves were to be obedient for several reason:
1. They were really serving Christ
2. Doing a good job is the will of
God.
3. They would be rewarded by the
Lord.
Whatever our jobs, whatever our task, whatever our ministry we SHOULD do the best we can and with
a cheerful attitude which is not always easy to do. Even if man doesn't see us God does and He knows our heart attitude. God's reward outweighs any reward man can give.
As the saying goes:
"An honest days work for an honest days pay". INTEGRITY!
Father, I pray I will have a right attitude as I work at home and in serving You. Please forgive me for
those times when I worked and served without a right spirit. Renew my spirit and help me see through new eyes. Help all of us ladies to work and serve as we are doing it unto You. Amen.
I know there are some days when I am at work at the green house where I don't have a right attitude. I love the days where I can just play in the soil and pot, but other days when I am working in a 100 degree greenhouse or when I am lugging and hacking away at 3 gallon hosta and my back is aching; oh how do I grumble inside. Lord at those times help me to remember that I am serving you. Give me that cheerful attitude.
Post a Comment