Friday, March 16, 2012
Ephesians 5:18-20
And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good Morning, Ladies!
I just wanted to let you know that there is a good read at the www.goodmorninggirls.org website thoday regarding some of the verses we studied this week. If you get a chance, hop on over there.
Errin...I commented with some thoughts regarding your sister-in-law's shower back on Tuesday's post (Eph 5:5-7), if you're interested.
I also commented on how I meal plan back on Wednesday's post (Eph. 5:8-14), if anyone's interested.
by the way, it's never too late to answer Sunday's questions.
Have a great day everyone!
Kim
Fun, fabulous, Friday!!!!
Yesterday ended rather tough with a grumpy person calling me several times. At the end of all the calls I found I had become grumpy and stressed. Then my husband called sweetly to tell me he was on the way home and how did I respond? Grumpy. Yucky. And rather than be excited to hear he was getting off early, I was stressed because I didn't start dinner yet. Then I snapped at the kids to hurry up and help me get the house in order. All because I let a grumpy person have an influence on me. Forgive me Lord!
However, this morning's verses were like a soothing balm to my soul. A breath of fresh air. Thank you Lord! I am so happy to have the Spirit filled in my heart! It was fabulous to start the day giving thanks in everything! Lord you are amazing. You are everything we need at exactly the right moment.
Have a glorious weekend ladies.
Sonja
I know what you mean how another's person attitude or demeanor can destroy our attitude and fill us with stress. If only we would listen to the Spirit and let His ways affect us!
Well, finally I am caught up! However, because I worked very hard to accomplish this I want to spend the week-end going over the verses and my journaling.
Paul is speaking in verse 18 about drunken orgies however, knowing we are not in such a situation I believe this could be a warning to believers that wine in excess could lead to immoral actions. I read where Paul referred to it as the "Cup of Demons".
We have so much to be thankful for. Just the fact of who God is and what He has done for us through His Son, Jesus. Is that not enough to put a song in our hearts.
As believers under the influence of the Holy Spirit, allowing God's word to control us will help us work towards pure lives. Examining ourselves and confessing our sins, dying to ourselves (so hard!!!) and surrendering to God's will. Sooooo be filled with the Spirit, put a song in your heart and humbly submit to one another.
These scriptures are bringing so much light to my soul! Help me Holy Spirit to grow!
I just want to thank you Sonja and Kim for your insights on my situation. I really appreciated it. I am leaning toward not going and I like your idea Kim about the letter. Thanks also for all the meal planning ideas. That is definitely on area I need to work on.
In today's verses a passage that stuck out to me was making melody in your heart to the Lord. I just love that. I know there are many times throughout the day when my heart can be full of not sure pure things. When I am frustrated and stressed I need to remember to make a melody in my heart for the Lord. Everything I think and do should reflect the Lord. I pray that all our hearts will be full of melodies.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Post a Comment