You may choose to answer any or all of the following questions:
1. What is one thing that has challenged you or that you want to remember and put into practice from this passage?
2. How will you put your faith into practice/action from this passage?
3. What is your favorite verse from this passage?
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good morning, ladies!
I'm not sure if any of you are following along or participating any more with this blog, BUT yesterday I wrote for you all to tune in for a CRAZY idea. Here it is (but I write it with a little bit of hesitancy which I will tell you why in a moment)...
Do you remember early on in our Ephesians study when I had asked everyone to be praying about an outreach project/opportunity for us ladies to do as a group????
WELL, I think an opportunity has presented itself! Thank You, Lord, for answered prayer! A near and dear new church (Son-Rise Family Church)has recently moved to a new building and began a ministry in the Brownfield area. Soooo exciting! The church meets at the Brownfield Community Center. This Friday and Saturday some of the church's members are working alongside other community members to paint the inside walls of the building. They will start their days at 9am and provide lunch to any who come and help. I was thinking that we ladies (and perhaps our families) could participate and actually put some of the truths about unity between believers Paul was teaching us in Ephesians into action by us as fellow Christians that don't necessarily attend that church (or for those ladies that do, come alongside our fellow sisters) to help them paint, serve, and reach out to the community in a small way. Since many of you work and have other obligations throughout the work week, I thought that Saturday for a few hours would be a great opportunity. So, if any of you are interested and wanting to participate in this outreach/service project, go to the Brownfield Community Center on Friday or Saturday or BOTH at 9am or any time after 9 and get painting! If you have any paintbrushes or painting tools (don't ask me what those might be!), bring them along too but if you don't have any of that...no big deal...just go!
Here's the catch for me and why I hesitated to write...I will not be participating. :( My Dad and Mom are up visiting :) and will be leaving on Monday. :( Since their visits seem to be so rare and they have been dealing with a lot lately, I feel the need to decline from this opportunity and spend time with them! I feel so hypocritical that I write about an outreach and say to go and then I don't go! I'm sorry! BUT, at the same time, I don't want you all to miss this oppportunity if you are able to do it!
I hope some of that made sense...as I'm not sure if I'm quite awake this morning!
Can't wait to hear how the painting goes (Perhaps you'll find that you won't just be painting the walls but painting the hearts of other believers and others from the community)!
Kim
Paul's prayer for fellow believers! Wow-what a way to pray for our teammates/our fellow brothers and sisters!
The verses that got me from his prayer was v. 18-19a...."the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe,..."
Then, I came across this quote..."We can face the sorrows and sadnesses of personal and social history 'in the hope of God's calling.' We can rejoice in the possession of capacties and needs to which our present circumstances bring no satisfaction when we look to 'the wealth of the glory of God's inheritance in the saints.' We can overcome the discouragement of constant failures and weaknesses by the remembrance of the power of God shown in the raising of Christ."
Is there anything we can't face or go through if we would just fully rely on God!?!
Have a great day, ladies!
Kim
Post a Comment