Well, first and foremost, thank you all for coming last night. (We did miss the few that couldn't come though - a couple due to not living around here!) It's always fun and great to get together with friends for some yummy food and relaxing conversation.
Since I didn't get any question suggestions last night, it has taken me a while to come up with any questions. I was trying to go for a Palm Sunday/April Fools' Day theme here, but I struggled. Regardless...have fun with these questions!
Since I didn't get any question suggestions last night, it has taken me a while to come up with any questions. I was trying to go for a Palm Sunday/April Fools' Day theme here, but I struggled. Regardless...have fun with these questions!
- Since Palm Sunday is the day that we remember Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey essentially fulfilling prophecy...based on your personality, which animal would you find yourself most likely desiring to try to ride if the possibility presented itself...donkey, bull, camel, elephant, eagle, or dolphin AND why?
- Speaking of Palm Sunday and the events leading up to Easter Sunday and remembering how Jesus gave specific instructions to some of His disciples to get the donkey to ride and how and where to prepare the Last Supper and so forth (it amazes me how God is in every detail of our lives!)...what is one specific thing or event that God has done in your life that you are just so amazed at how He orchestrated it and how He brought it all together to be accomplished?
- Name 3 things that make you laugh just thinking about them or that have made you laugh in the past 24 hours.
- What are 3 of your favorite blogs or websites that you have visited or visit most frequently?
Have a restful and replenishing Palm Sunday!
(By the way, be sure to congratulate Sarah W. on her news of expecting TRIPLETS!)
(By the way, be sure to congratulate Sarah W. on her news of expecting TRIPLETS!)
(April Fools!)
5 comments:
Hello All- had fun last night!!!
1. Elephant- makes me think of Aladdin when he rode into town to meet Jasmine :) makes me think of royalty!
2. I think it is amazing how he brought my husband and I together when we were both in college and both almost at the same point spiritually in our walks in Christ. We had both become believers but were working out all the logistics...what denomination to belong to ..what church to go to, our various beliefs of different theologies.. and how he used both of us in each others lives to come to a deeper understanding of who He is and we both made a serious commitment to Jesus together about a year after we met.
3. The teens at the church (the youth group), Friends (the TV Show), my cats
4. pinterest.com, thebump.com, thenest.com
Ha Ha Kim- no triplets here ladies, but we did try to fool the church this morning with that April fools!!
4.
Sorry, Sarah, I had to use Ben's joke...I thought it was so funny. I don't think he'll be laughing (but maybe he would) when you all actually have triplets next time around! :)
1. my practical, non-risky side of me would probably have to say donkey because it would seem like it would be the safest and calmest to ride BUT my material side of me would say bull because I'd love to get all dressed up in the cowboy hat and boots and tight jeans (of course I would have a size 2 non-motherly body to do that) so I'm going to say a bull (even if the ride would be for a few seconds)!
2. God's continued provision for our family. (a specific example in this is that we usually get hand-me-downs generously given to us - a blessing of provision in itself! - well one summer one of our kids (I think it was Owen but it could have been Ivy-I've had Letty since then so I everything before Letty's birth seems fuzzy in my brain still) was in need of clothes as we just weren't given enough SO I went shopping and bought some...the VERY.NEXT.DAY a dear friend came to our door dropping off BOXES of clothes and plenty to wear! SO, I returned the clothes I had bought!)
3. Our kids and the things they do, their personalities, and the way they interact with each other (most of the time). The way Nathan's hair looked after he woke up from his nap yesterday (the kids and I just couldn't hold back)! Watching Little Ryan play hide and seek with all of the kids Saturday night! Too cute!
4. themcclenahans.blogspot.com
pinterest.com
gracefullmama.com
1. I would have to say a donkey. I don't like to fly or heights so the donkey would seem like the only animal I would be comfortable riding.
2. It would have to be when God got us through 6 months of Ryan being unemployed. It was 2 years ago when Ryan got laid off from his job of 7 years. We had no idea what God had in store for my husband but it all worked out and now he has a job that he loves.
3. My children make me laugh all the time. By their actions and what they say. Whenever all of my sisters get together. We have some good laughs. My brother in law when he does his Pakistan voice.
4. I love Pinterest too, also moneysavingmom.com, Comfyinthekitchen.com, thebettermom.com
I love these Sunday questions. :) They are very challenging!!
1) Well, if we are entering the world of make-believe, I would like to ride on the back of Aslan the Lion in the Narnia movies. :)
2) Many times I have seen God's hand at work. I guess the most obvious one was the Youth Group Easter performance several years back. The whole thing was God's idea and He gave every detail and put it all together. It was amazing to watch Him orchestrate it all.
3) Funny things, hmmmm: This may sound weird, but it had a few of us rolling in laughter: finding out pastor is allergic to lilies while plans were being made to fill the podium with Easter lilies. Hilarious images of Easter service filled my head. I know, it sounds terrible, I guess you had to be there. Needless to say the lily idea was immediately cancelled. Funny Eli, Eli, Eli. Funny kids wearing their dress up wig with many different outfits.
4) I need you ladies to let me in on your secret. . .when do you find time to look at blogs???? Are you ready for MY EXCITING sites I look at weekly: Conway Public Library, NH State Library, and Netflix. :)
Have a great day!
Sonja
I have been so slow at answering the questions but I have thought about them.
My personality well, first I thought of the camel because the humps remind me that I can be up and down in spirit which we will just blame on age but it would be pretty uncomfortable to ride. So.....I would choose the donkey. Arlyn said I can be stubborn well, that is not my reason...it is slow and cute and those ears....I wouldn't miss a thing!
God really worked out every detail in bringing Arlyn and I together.
I was from a small town in PA and he was from a small town in NE. I never even thought of Nebraska. Well, that wasn't far enough he joined the Navy and ended up in California for training. Most of his group went to Viet Nam but he was stationed aboard an air craft carrier on the east coast. Just so happened a boy from our town was on the same ship and brought Arlyn home with him on leave and here we are 40 years later. God worked it out and on those tough days Arlyn tells me God wanted us together!
What makes me laugh....a funny realistic story.....my grandkids....my boys when they reminisce about growing up ( how do they remember some of this stuff)?
Blogs....Don't want to miss a thing blog (I guess I'm not into blogs). I may check into some of your favorites!
Post a Comment