Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ephesians 6:13-15

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;...

1 comment:

sunset gang said...

Good morning!
I like how the NIV states the first verse today: "so that WHEN the day of evil comes. . ." That is refreshing to me. God understands and is preparing us. Not IF the day of evil comes, but WHEN. I love word pictures and the armor of God is so visual for me. I wouldn't dare leave the house naked each morning on the way to the bus stop. Especially in winter. :) I take special consideration of what clothes I put on my body to ensure warmth. Thank you Lord for reminding me that I also need to take special consideration of myself spiritually and not rush off to my day without the essentials: truth, righteousness, gospel of peace, etc.

My study Bible had a cool note: "Character, not brute force, wins the battle. . .the warrior's character is his defense."

I pray for a day filled with character for all of us!
Blessings
Sonja