Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ephesians 6:18

...praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-...

1 comment:

kim said...

What our prayer life should look like...PRAY:
1. with all prayer and supplication/about everything
2. always/all the time
3. in the Spirit
4. being watchful/with alertness
5. with all perseverance/no matter what
6. for all saints

Outlining the character of our prayer lives sure looks easy on paper but actually practicing it can be quite the challenge. I've always felt my prayer life to be such a beautiful thing...don't get me wrong I never arrived at a full prayer life but I have gained glimpses as to what it truly meant to "pray without ceasing" and it truly was a beautiful thing...like your life was a prayer to God! Lately, it has become a struggle again. I know it has just been my attitude!

I guess the two things that really spoke to me about prayer today was that we are to pray with alertness-not permitting yourself to become listless (lacking the energy)- AND with all perseverance-keep doing it in spite of difficulties.

Lord, change my attitude. Lord, help me to get back into the habit of prayer. Lord, I need You ALL.THE.TIME. Lord, make my life a prayer to You...help me to be obedient in constantly and enthusiastically and perseveringly praying to You. Lord, I pray also for any other believer out there that struggles with prayer...help them overcome this struggle. Amen.

Have a great day, Ladies!
Kim

P.S. Do any of you ladies have any insight as to how you all pray? What works for your prayer life?