Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ephesians 6:16-17

...above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;...

2 comments:

sunset gang said...

I finally had a chance to post my answers to Sunday's questions. I had fun reading everyone's answers. :)
Now I am out of time before the kids arrive.
Have a blessed day, all.
Sonja

kim said...

Good morning, ladies! (ok, so again I began writing this in the morning but then got sidetracked and now finally get back to it again).

Putting on the whole armor...it makes me think of my husband in the years he was in a uniform. Almost daily, he would get ready for work...strap on his bullet-proof vest, buckle his big black belt we often referred to as his desk around his waist, lace up those big black boots, buttoned up his shirt that adorned his badge signifying what he was faithful to, put on his hat, and wracked a bullet into his gun before positioning it into his belt....he did this all before stepping a foot out the door to face whatever God would bring his way throughout his work day. As Paul encourages us here, I need to put on my entire uniform before I step one foot into my day so that I am prepared and ready to face whatever God brings my way.

I know I don't always put on the full armor that God gives to me everyday, and I find myself trying to do it on my own. Or, perhaps I don't use the armor and rely on the armor as much as I should. Have you been there too? I think sometimes I do put God in a box in that I only turn to God for this thing or that thing...when I need this piece of armor or that piece of armor instead of the full armor instead of fully realizing and needing God throughout my WHOLE day.

Another thing that I came across was a commentary pointing out that there is no armor for the back meaning that retreating from this battle is not an option...we must stand firm and fight!

have a great night's sleep, ladies!

Kim