Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ephesians 2:16-18

...and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.  And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.  For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

4 comments:

kim said...

Good morning, Ladies!

3 years ago today, an almost one year old girl named Cora went to be with Jesus, her parents are our good friends, Joel & Jess. Would you be so kind as to lift them up in prayer today as they remember this Heavenly anniversary? If interested, Jess blogs at www.themcclenahans.blogspot.com. I guarantee you that you will be encouraged by her. She is as real and genuine as anyone I know.

Praying for all of you ladies today! Have a great day.

AND, Happy Birthday, Sonja! :o)

Lord, less of me and more of You today!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord I pray for Joel and Jess right now and their family. Just give them strength and Peace today. Comfort them and may they be encouraged that one day they will be able to see their beautiful daughter in Heaven.
Amen

Jill said...

Paul or was it God that knew we would need this knowledge DRUMMED
in our heads, hearts, our very being.

It is not enough to just read it, journal it, we must meditate on it and live our lives with the reality of it. (What a challenge!) Lord, help me grasp it deeply.

Last week the question was asked on the radio. Is Jesus the only way to God? People who are afar off believe there are many ways to God. Today's scripture makes it clear...there is only one way to the Father, ONE SPIRIT drawing us.
Thank YOU for drawing me.

John 10:9
Jesus says, "I AM the DOOR: by ME if any man enter in, he shall be saved.

I think of Cora at different times.
Joel and Jess are a perfect picture of the peace of God. I asked today Lord that YOU will be near to them reminding them of the hope they have of seeing Cora again. What a promise that is. Your peace is so real. Thank you for the peace and strength YOU have given me during my sad times of life. YOU are hope and peace.

Have a good evening ladies!

Mrs. Gray said...

What a blessing it is that He came to spread His message of peace to everyone near and far.I pray that we will be able to show His peace through our actions to everyone around us near and far.

I pray for Joel and Jess and that Your peace will help them at this time. I praise your that their peace in and through you has been able to spread near and far and help to encourage other believers and nonbelievers.

Happy Birthday Sonja!