Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ephesians 2:19-20

Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lord, for victory over the alarm clock today! It has been a hard week. Nothing wrong physically, great week with the kids and household issues. Just a spiritual battle over getting up in time to meet the Lord in the morning. GRRRRRRR!!! Why does satan make the bed sooooo warm and comfy. :)
But what a glorious time this morning. I have to say, the accountability of this group is what helped me get out of bed this morning. Thank you, all! So this morning I read verses 11-20. What a beautiful chunk of scripture. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Fortunately, the good (or great) came at the end. I remember a sermon (vaguely) about the cornerstone. I don't know anything about building now days, but apparantly the cornerstone was the first part of the building put in place and all other walls were always adjusted to fit the cornerstone. Great care and detail went into making sure the cornerstone was perfect before anything else was built. How awesome that we have Christ as our cornerstone and we can always look to Him as our reference point! Thank you Lord!
Have a great day, ladies. And thank you for your accountability by being involved in this study.
Blessings
Sonja

kim said...

Good morning!
I had a lot of pictures going through my mind this morning as I read these 2 verses. First, Heavenly citizenship and the rights and privileges that come with that. Next, being a member of God's family and the fact that our Father loves us like He does His own Son and thinking on how much I love my own kids! Then finally, the foundations and the cornerstone on what we are building our faith on. I had fun reading about the cornerstone and catching a little mini-lesson on how the cornerstone was placed in an ancient structure-I came across 2 views (but equally cool pictures): 1. it is the stone set in the foundation at the corner to bind it together and establish the line for the walls...Christ being the One on whom the building depends! OR 2. the stone placed at the summit as its crown and completion; it's cut out beforehand; it bonds the structure together as it's the last to be placed; and it serves as a testing stone to show whether the building was built to the spec's...Christ being the One on whom controls the shape and form of the building!

Something practical for me to take away today...I know how I love my kids so much...I want to purposely see and be reminded of God's love for me everytime I love on my kids.

Thank you for Your love, Father! Thank you for Jesus as our cornerstone, the One who I can depend on and who shapes and forms me into His image!

Keep meeting with Him, ladies!
Kim

Sarah W. said...

We are all brothers & sisters in the household of God! God sees us all the same if we are a believer. So as believers we must unify with others for that common goal of getting the gospel out to all! We must put aside our differences in denominations and hold on to the foundations of the faith. So cool that this has been passed on since the early Christian church!

Anonymous said...

What a privilege to be part of God's family! I pray that I will never take this role lightly but always be praying, encouraging and loving on the other members. Even though there may be times when we have our differences like every family does we are united under the chief cornerstone, Jesus Christ.

Jill said...

What I get from this is the word, "RELATIONSHIPS/FAMILY".

How many times I have felt like an
outsider. In family, school or even church. However,the WORD today reminds me that I am not an outsider (UNIQU, perhaps to accomplish my mission).

I belong to a huge family. I am not a stranger. I belong to the household of God, sharing the same position with ALL of you girls since Jesus is our foundation, our common denominator.

Thank you Father for this opportunity to share with my sisters in Christ.

Have a good evening FELLOWCITIZENS!

Steph said...

I love how the verses over the past few days have shown the total view of our salvation. How far away we were, ALIENS, (!!) and then shows the power of Jesus's sacrifice on the cross ending with the fact that we are no longer strangers but now we are family and even a part of the holy temple of the Lord (sorry, I couldn't leave 21 and 22 out there on their own...it's one sentence!:) ) of which Jesus is the chief cornerstone! It just makes me want to cheer! But at the same time it makes me look at my christian walk. Am I taking my part in this family lightly? Am I being all God wants me to be? I don't want to be a crumbly brick! Lord help me to live up to all you want for me, may I never take a moment for granted, may I never miss an opportunity to share your plan of peace to all you would have me to!

Mrs. Gray said...

How great it is to be a member of the household of God. I looked up the word cornerstone on dictionary.com and this is what I found:
1. a stone uniting two masonry walls at an intersection.
2.a stone representing the nominal starting place in the construction of a monumental building, usually carved with the date and laid with appropriate ceremonies.
3.something that is essential, indispensable, or basic..
4.the chief foundation on which something is constructed or developed.

Jesus is our uniter (I don't think this is a word, but you know what I mean), the starting point, is essential and indispensable , and our chief foundation. I am so thankful that He is ALL in ALL!