Monday, February 13, 2012

Ephesians 3:1-3

For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles - if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new week!
I know it is Monday, but I have thought about the "love" questions all day yesterday and now I'm ready to answer. I really had to chat with Marc--it's like he is the other half of my brain. :)
1st date: Marc and I knew each other for over a year and hung out in a group of friends every once in a while. It was a long distance friendship. He was in North Conway and I was in Massachusetts. But my girlfriends and I would come up on weekends (when we could all get away) to stay with a local Pastor and his wife. After that year or so of visits, it turned out I was the only girl still coming up to hang out at the Pastor's house and Marc was the only guy coming over from church. :) We also began emailing frequently throughout the week. So this particular visit his parents were going to come to the pastor's house for dinner too. (Meet the parents) As was tradition, I always got to do the cooking for the Pastor's family when I visited. Fortunately I didn't kill Marc's parents. After a great dinner we went ice skating at the Ham Arena. It was our first time alone together. We had so much fun skating and laughing.
3 Fav lovish movies:
Pride and Prejudice (the BBC series-Marc and I can watch these over and over and never get tired of the story line)
Ever After (a cinderella story)
Princess Bride (more of a comedy mixed with a love story)

Nicest things Marc does:
When we were dating (long distance), one morning at 6am my date informed me there was something on my car. Marc had always joked that I should dare him to show up to see me off to work in the morning. Of course I always dared him, knowing he would never be able to make it at that time in the morning. But he called my bluff. He wasn't actually there, but in the middle of the night he had taken the 2 1/2 hour drive to leave a rose and card on my windshield and then drive all the way back home. I was pretty impressed!
Now days it doesn't take a 2 1/2 hour drive to impress me. :) Now, I am super blessed at Marc's willingness to wash dishes and hang the laundry in our room. My knight in shining armour!
Perfect date:
I am with Kim, no distractions, no kids, anywhere outdoors. Marc said his fav was anywhere near the ocean-picnic and walking. When we can't get to the ocean, I love going into Portland. The hour drive is great talk time. Among other things to do there, we also like visiting the book store, getting a coffee and tea, sitting in those plush leather chairs and reading parts of several different books. On the drive home we have lots of food for conversation from our readings.
Thanks, Kim, for all the thought provoking questions. It was fun to reminisce.
I'll post later about the monday scriptures.
Blessings
Sonja

kim said...

OK, so a few things came to mind this morning... One was on the treadmill. I don't know if you are like me or not, BUT after I'm done with a workout, our treadmill has a calorie counter thing on it to tell you how many calories you burned. I MAY or may not look at that calorie counter and think ok, I can have X number of sweet/unhealthy foods today and still lose a little bit of weight. So silly, but that's me! The Lord struck me with this thought...Do I do that with Him? With my prayer time? With my devotion time? Do I offer just enough of myself to get by and not my whole life, my everything as He desires? What a challenge!

OK, now to the verses today. Paul the prisoner of Jesus Christ. Could there be any better title for someone? Paul was in prison for preaching Christ's message to the Gentiles. He was preaching a message that wasn't very favorable to the religious leaders of the day. My challenge...am I willing to suffer ANY persecution (a snide remark, a hairy eyeball, a weird look) let alone the persecution Paul endured for preaching Christ's love and salvation to all?

Lord, thank You for this time this morning. I love and crave this time with You. Lord, I pray for wisdom and boldness to let others know about You. Lord, thank You for keep reminding me that You are in control and I am not!

Have a great Monday, Ladies!

kim said...

Lord, I pray for those that are being persecuted right now. Lord, I pray that You give them everything they need and that they keep their eyes and focus on You. Lord, may You be glorified even through their suffering. Amen

Brienne said...

Back on track this morning! It's nice to be back home and start off the day right today. I found in these verses the strength that Paul found through his faith. He was already in prison, but still preaching the gospel (hadn't given up or given in) and still preaching about how wonderful it was and about the peace of Christ. I have to say that I don't think I would be very good about keeping that peace under those circumstances! Thank you Christ for giving Paul the strength and faith to continue so many could be reached in your name. I pray that we would be drawn ever closer to you and learn to have that same strength and faith so many can still be reached.

Brienne
(PS: go back to yesterday's to see my answers...I'll post them next!)

Jill said...

Good morning. I hope you all had a great week-end. Nice to see you got home safely, Brienne.

As I got into the scripture today I thought how good it is to be accountable. I am so thankful for the group.

I have a CD with a song about Paul. Ananias came with a message from God to Paul. Paul was chosen to go to the Gentiles, Kings and the children of Israel. Not only was Paul given a mission BUT God would show him great sufferings for HIS name's sake.

Paul was given the message, Jewish Believers and Gentile Believers are ONE BODY. Paul came with the message of GOD'S GRACE?, ROME? PRISON? That is where we find Paul. He did NO terrible deed BUT BELIEVED so deeply in the message of salvation and was obedient to God, he was willing to suffer for the cause (Christ's cause, for us).

STOP!!! (serious thought)
This is not the first time I have wondered (WITH TREMBLING) what price am I willing to pay for being a Christian. Can I face suffering? Could I face prison, torture, death? It is very real today in other nations and yet, it appears THE SPIRIT brings JOY to the souls of those willing to stand for Jesus. SELAH

Father, please make me strong and willing when times of testing come.
I think of Peter...his spirit was willing but his flesh was weak...fill us all with YOUR strength. And I do thank You for this age of GRACE. Amen

JIll said...

Girls, I know you are all busy and already have a lot on your plate but I would like to ask you to pray for me. For the past week I have not felt well. I am tired, haven't slept well, which is probably why I am tired and I have so much to do. I feel like after you have had the flu (wiped out!) I went out with the dog this morning and enjoyed the fresh air and blue sky but
inwardly I just want to go to bed....thank you for your prayers.
I think I need a VACATION!

Anonymous said...

Paul suffered greatly for his faith in Jesus. It was all in the Lord's hands. Lord help me to give every aspect of my life over to you as Paul did. Paul was willing to suffer so he could preach about Jesus. Am I willing to suffer like Paul? Sometimes I get scared, nervous or uncomfortable to bring up my faith. I need to be stronger and not let fear get in my way. Lord give me the boldness to share of your love to others.

kim said...

Lord, I lift up not only my MOTHER-IN-LAW but my FRIEND, Jill. Lord, give her the rest, the strength, the energy, and the enthusiasm she needs today and everyday. (She is definitely going to need it in a few days when we come to town!) Lord, help her to just get some sleep at night and to feel rested in the morning. Lord, help her to set aside her perfectionism and just relax and let go and let You work.

Lord, may she find a "vacation" in You and through Your Word and may her vacation be found when she spends time in the Word with You, when she spends time with her husband, and when her kids, her sons' wives, and her grandchildren are all together (in a few days)! Amen.

Love you, Jill! Have a great day!
Kim