Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 10: {Reflection}

Can you believe that we have made it through FIVE whole chapters in the book of Ephesians?!?!  Have you learned anything?  Pat yourselves on the back, ladies, and praise and applaud God for bringing you to His Word and teaching you through It on a daily/regular basis.  Are you finding that you are craving spending time with God and in His Word?  My prayer for this group has been that by holding each other accountable or developing that feeling of accountability to not only one another but to our Lord Himself, we would develop a regular pattern and a good habit of personal study, prayer, and devotion time each day and/or each week.

This week has been a tough yet refreshing week.  My marriage is not perfect - no marriage is!  This past week has revealed so much that I personally as a wife need to improve on in this marriage of mine.  However, it is comforting and refreshing to know that God has given us principles and truths to live by so that we know what a marriage is to look like and to strive for that perfection in ours...ok...maybe not perfection but at least we can have a sense of striving to better our marriages.  I guess the biggest challenge for me this week was whether my marriage displayed a reflection of who Christ is to the world and Christ's love and sacrifice He gives to the church.
Did you check out the posts over at www.goodmorninggirls.org this week?  If you didn't, here are the links to them...
  
If you have a little extra time this weekend, I would encourage you to read them.  They are so worth the time!
  
Now, it is time to reflect on what we have studied this past week.  Here are the 3 points to reflect and answer:
  
1. One important lesson I want to remember from this week's reading would be: __________
2. I feel God wants me to learn: __________
3. I am going to put my faith into action by: ___________

Finally, with a little over 2 weeks left in our study, I have been thinking of what to do next. So, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I thought if we continued this accountability blog that we could perhaps study the book of Ruth or the book of Titus or examine Proverbs 31 or something like that.  Since I feel like my head is so full of lessons learned and challenges from this Ephesians study, I thought we could take the week or two following the final verse to process and go over all that we read and studied.  I will post a schedule soon as to what I was thinking after I get some input from all of you about what we should do next. 

I want to thank you ladies for the accountability that you brought to my own life and for sharing your thoughts and challenges and lessons you have been learning through this study.  You all have encouraged and taught me so much!  Praise God that He brought you all into my life and into this study to help me get back on track and to start focusing on our Lord again and not so much on myself.
Lord, I pray for each of these ladies in this study.  Lord, I pray that You meet them right where they are and guide them and lead them to where You want them to be.  Lord, I pray that You enable them to be the wives You have called them to be and that You want them to be and that their husbands need them to be.  Lord, we can only do all of this through Your help.  Amen. 

Ladies, enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

My important lesson for the week is that Real Spiritual Leadership involves service!! Just as Jesus served the disciples, even washing their feet! God wants me to learn to let go of my independence even more, and allow Him to lead me first and then for Ben to lead in our home. I am going to put my Faith into action by spending time in prayer over this and really push against my flesh in order to release some of that independence!

Kim- Sounds good about the other studies. I would probably vote for Titus or Proverbs because I have studied Ruth in depth (not that I cannot learn more!) Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Jill said...

In reflection of this week's study is that in almost 40 years I still do not have it! Marriage is a very important issue with God. Sarah W. used the word service. I think that is a word I need to learn in our marriage. Arlyn has a heart for service. With that should come my respect. I need to let go and let God do the changing and let Him start with me. This week I will spend more time in prayer. I will pray specifically for Arlyn and his leadership in our home and praying for my obedience to the scripture. There is so much to reflect on!

Kim, I will be ready to carry on...just choose.